Schaeffers oil for high HP turbo charged cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Schaeffers oil recommended for high HP turbo charged cars?

TIA,
Brian

[ January 19, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: BrianJ ]

I thought I'd bring this topic back to the top for you.

I would feel confident running Schaeffer oil in a turbo car if I owned one.

I'm running the Series 7000 10W-30 in my high pressure Volvo S70 T5. I'll be doing an analysis in about 5 months to see how well it holds up.

I do have concerns about turbo coking with the non-semi syn oils.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I thought I'd bring this topic back to the top for you.

I would feel confident running Schaeffer oil in a turbo car if I owned one.

Thanks Patman. I'm interested in picking up schaeffer oil (10W-30) for my SUV, but was wondering if the same oil can be used in high HP turbo cars as well (and visa versa).
dunno.gif

Regards,
Brian

40 weight at least. Just tried 10W30 CAFE oil in my turbo and pretty 'rattly'. Won't be doing that again. Somebody posted really good analysis figures for Redline 5W40 in a turbo engine recently, have a look at that.

I'm using Shaeffer 10w30 in my Integra Type R (8400 rpm redline
gr_stretch.gif
) and my '89 Civic Si (172k miles). No analysis to prove anything in either car but I may do one this coming summer.

quote:

Originally posted by BrewCityR:
gr_stretch.gif
) and my '89 Civic Si (172k miles). No analysis to prove anything in either car but I may do one this coming summer.

Please do! It'll be interesting to see how well it holds up in a high revver like that!

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

gr_stretch.gif

Please do! It'll be interesting to see how well it holds up in a high revver like that!

Just read one of your posts on M1 filters too. Filtering to 10 microns is great but the lack of flow with my screaming ITR engine kinda scares me. Think I told you, my Dad found me a dozen M1-104s on eBay for cheap so I'll be using those until they are gone.

I used to own a 99 Eclipse GS-T spyder that was boosting 20psi. I ran Mobil 1 10w30 and it showed a good analysis. I looked for the results but I can't find them, sorry...

Jason

[ January 22, 2003, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: DABEAR95 ]

quote:

Just read one of your posts on M1 filters too. Filtering to 10 microns is great but the lack of flow with my screaming ITR engine kinda scares me. Think I told you, my Dad found me a dozen M1-104s on eBay for cheap so I'll be using those until they are gone.

I was gonna mention that to you when I saw that you were using an M1 filter. It's too bad you have so many of them, I'd feel a bit apprehensive about those filters on a high revver. What you might want to do is keep an eye on your oil pressure gauge and where it reads at full throttle, then try an interval with the K&N HP1004 filter instead (this is the cross reference to the M1-104) and see if there is a difference. I'd be willing to bet there is. You could always sell those M1s to someone else who has a Honda and might not drive as hard. They'll fit just about any late model Honda built in the last 10 years (other than the new Civics with the 1.7 engine, which use a different filter now)

quote:

What you might want to do is keep an eye on your oil pressure gauge and where it reads at full throttle, then try an interval with the K&N HP1004 filter instead (this is the cross reference to the M1-104) and see if there is a difference.

If the R only had a factory pressure guage.
banghead.gif
Currently it is in storage with a K&N 1005 on it. I had to shave a bracket with a Dremel to get it to fit but it does. I seriously may just start using the fatter Bosch (3320) on the R and using the M1s for my daily driver Civic for 5k miles per change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back