Schaeffer's Oil and the European motor oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Mystic:
How does Schaeffer's Oil compare with European motor oils like the German 0W30 Castrol?

If you go to the Schaeffer's web site, you'll see that their 5w30 and 10w30 synthetic blends meet A3 as well as MB 229.3. That's pretty darn impressive.

I'm currently running Mobil 1 10W-30 in my Toyota 4x4 22RE with 129,000 miles. This is after 2 ARX treatments. I'd like to try the Schaeffers and German Castrol if I can get it. But I'm not sure what weights to use. The truck did use about a qt. every 3,000 miles before ARX. I;m sure it still uses some, but I doubt as much. Any suggestions?

I am no expert, but with that many miles, how about trying a thicker oil, like Mobil 1 0W40, or Delvac 5W40 or 15W40. Maybe that would slow down the oil consumption.

I have the Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 in the garage waiting it's turn, but have noticed a drop in power with a thicker oil. Really that's the only reason i haven't used them sooner. The truck just seems a little too sluggish for me. I will try the Delvac though. Thanx! Rando

Rondo

Check out Schaeffer's #700 15w-40 cold flow numbers. I think you will find they are much better than the Chevron 1300 and rival the full synthetics.

This oil has helped my Saturns oil consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back