Schaeffer's 7000 15w-40 6600mi Honda B16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my 1st UOA.

Some background...engine is JDM installed last October with 35kmi...I figured it was probably 40k
frown.gif

I did an Auto-RX cleaning as soon as I picked up the car after the swap. Then I rinsed with Mobil 15w-40 Dino. This is the 3rd run using Schaeffers.

This UOA is based on 80% highway (80mph avg) around the country trot
grin.gif

This is a Schaeffer's UOA so no TBN...sorry
code:

mi on unit 52,000

mi on oil 6,600

Cu 5

Fe 8

Cr 1

Al 3

Pb 1

Mo 126

Ph 1,581

Zn 1,729

Mg 29

Ca 4,592

%A/F 0

Fuel Dil 0

%H20 0

Si (8 mo old K&N) 4

Vi@100C 14.01

SAE 40W

S 8%

Oxidation 9%

Nitration 9%

Schaeffer Comments: Contamination and additive depletion levels

normal. Increase oil drain interval to 8,600 miles.

I think this is pretty good. I expected great things from Schaeffer oil. I also am proud of my exposed cone K&N...I think that Schaeffer's uses about 4ppm in their oil
wink.gif
I also am part of the "Thicker is Better on BITOG!"
tongue.gif

Okay everyone, have fun!

[ July 27, 2004, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: uconn1150 ]

Looks good to me.
grin.gif
Upon coming to this site I switched from M1 to Schaeffers and will never go back. Every UOA of mine with Schaeffer's has been good to great with no problems and the oil has held up fine in all the applications. I buy in bulk which equals out to $2.72 per qt! Hard to beat. I especially like the additive package in the 15W-40 Blend can we say strong!!!

I didn't know Schaeffers made a 15W-40 that isn't a Synthetic Blend. About 2 1/2 years ago I switched from Mobile 1 to Schaeffers in my car and truck. I've sold the truck, but the 99 Nissan Sentra I changed from 10W-30 to 15W-40 Schaeffers Blend in April, 2004 just before taking a trip of just over 6,000 miles. Oh, was that a good choice. Improved wear metals and increased gasoline mileage. I well understand some don't like reports like this but it is my experience. My point is, Schaeffers puts out some excellent products. I put Schaeffers into my power steering units and into the auto transmission on the Sentra I mentioned. Works like a charm.

[ July 27, 2004, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: krholm ]

uconn1150, looks really good! I bet that iron will come down with further use of the same oil. Let's hope everything else stays the same.
grin.gif

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by krholm:
I didn't know Schaeffers made a 15W-40 that isn't a Synthetic Blend.

Schaeffer Micron Moly oil is gasoline engine dino oil. Schaeffer Moly Bond X-2000 is diesel engine dino oil. Schaeffer Supreme 7000 are the dino/synthetic blend oils. Even the Schaeffer dino oils will outperform many lower cost & quality "full synthetic" oils in most ways except cold flow.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back