Schaeffers 7000/10W30, 4384 miles, 2000 Toy Tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is more accurate? It's the ages old question that can't be answerred. There is no "Atomic Clock". There are lots of variables and methods out there. I think most would agree that staying with the same lab throughout the life of the vehicle is your best bet. You can evaluate trends better that way. I will sample all of my vehicles at least once with DA though, because I think the lab that they use has more sensitive techniques and methods for analyzing fuel%, flashpoint, and coolant. They are also a much better value when you consider what all they analyze and interpret. Terry Dyson is without peer in his interpretation. If you just want a basic UOA that shows resonably accurate wear metal and additive content, a $20 UOA from BSL should be a favorite choice.

Originally Posted By: Mokanic
The Schaeffer's 204SAT works great in Toyota and Hondas. I'm sure someone will speak up and ask if it's T-4 certified and I don't know. I doubt Schaeffer wastes the money to have it done. I have it in a number of customer's cars with 60K on the fluid and it still as clean and red as the day I put it in. No shudder,slip,ect. The only other fluid I have seen hold up as well is Amsoil's ATF.

It is in fact now T-IV compliant according to their spec sheet.
Just like the Amsoil is T-IV compliant!
I use it in three Toyotas very happily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back