Schaeffer's 5w-40 for CR TDI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at ordering a drum of Schaeffer's 9000 5w-40, I know it's a great oil to use in my 03 ALH Golf and my 2012 Ram 2500, but the one I'm worried about is the 2010 Audi A3. It calls for VW507 which is a 5w-30. The Audi is fully deleted so it does have that going for it at least.

Thanks in advance
Terry

If you've deleted the DPF then the Schaeffer's should be an excellent choice.

Not sure how much the '10 Audi TDI is to an '04 Jetta TDI, but a friend runs Schaeffer's 5w40, and has for quite some time, in his 320,000+ mile CR Jetta with nary an issue.

Originally Posted By: Alex_V
Not sure how much the '10 Audi TDI is to an '04 Jetta TDI, but a friend runs Schaeffer's 5w40, and has for quite some time, in his 320,000+ mile CR Jetta with nary an issue.

Yeah that's the older PD engine that needs just VW505 oils. The 2009 and newer TDIs(also known as the scandal cars lol) require the 5w-30 VW507 oil.

I was hoping to find someone on here who has been running it for a while and done some OA but doesn't look like I'll get that lucky

I have a 2009 BMW X5 diesel. It is deleted. I have been running Delvac 1 LE 5W30 for most of it's life, it has 85,000 miles on it. The BMW LL-04 requirement is quite similar to the VW 507 requirement. The only purpose of it is to protect the emissions system. The latter to oil's are quite low in additives and should be avoided if possible. I believe the Schaeffer's Will work well in your application.

Charlie

Good deal. Thanks for the input guys I guess I'll try it next oil change and have an OA done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back