Schaeffer's 15w-40 vs. Mobil 1 15w-50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to thank everyone for being here and helpful. I've learned a lot and now have a good question...

I did the Auto-RX on my '93 Honda with 140K, ran smoother and cooler...afterwards for 1500K, I used Mobil Super1500 15w-40...plenty of pickup...then I switched to Schaeffer's 15w-40, and gee, that nice green stuff was "very, very thin". The "pickup" is now gone, and there is a bit more drivetrain noise
frown.gif
I really don't want a straight dino...I've learned that blends and syns are the way to go in the long run...Anyways, does anyone know if the Mobil 1 15w-50 will give me back the "seat in the pants" boost?
dunno.gif

Thanks in Advance!

Unconn,

To what drivetrain noise are you referring?

There are many variables to "pickup" and performance.

Try Delvac 1 and se what happens, but for the price, the Schaeffer's 700 is a good oil with an excellent additive package.

Thanks for the help so far guys...I know there are tons of variables, but the impact was instant, just from the oil change. Weird huh? Like I said the Mobil Super1300S poured just a bit thicker than the Schaeffers. There is no doubt in my mind that Schaeffers is good stuff; I think it is just the weight. Maybe the higher viscosity seals the rings better? Ideas?

Thanks !

I had this same seat of the pants boost with 15w40 Royal Purple. I think it's the surface tension additives in there. It sticks to surfaces and makes the film much thicker. I also think this causes better ring sealing for more power. It can't believe it is from less friction.
If anyone has added Lucas Oil Treatment to dino oil, it may also have these effects.

Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back