Schaeffer's 10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard and read about Schaeffer's synthetic blend motor oil and I am interested in switching to the 10w30 weight. I currently use Amsoil 10w30 full synthetic but at $6.00+ per quart that's not cheap. How good is Schaeffer's blend, how much $ per quart and where can I buy it? Thanks.

I have been using Schaeffer's 10W-30 in two of my cars and 15W-40 in a truck I recently sold. My UOAs with Terry Dyson's interpretation show that oil to be very well suited for my applications. I have tried to post my analysis but haven't figured how to get the pdf form to load onto the forum. I have had the good fortune of living within about 30 0r 35 miles from Bob, a local Schaeffers representative, and I could pick it up from him and avoid shipping charges. Check in the site supporters' section where you should find Scheaffers abailable for around $3 per qt., which it might be with shipping charges. I noticed it tended to give better wear numbers than Mobil 1 I was using when I changed over to it. [ March 04, 2004, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: krholm ]

quote:
Originally posted by jeepzj: I heard and read about Schaeffer's synthetic blend motor oil and I am interested in switching to the 10w30 weight. I currently use Amsoil 10w30 full synthetic but at $6.00+ per quart that's not cheap. How good is Schaeffer's blend, how much $ per quart and where can I buy it? Thanks.
Stroll over to the UOA section and look at the analysis' where it's run in clean and well built engines . It mirrors synthetic in every way except price . It's good stuff and they have a 5w-30 too for colder climates although the 10w-30 is fine for most . Bump for a way he can find current pricing ....if you have neighbors / friends /co-workers that change oil in there own vehicles go in on a 250.00 order with free shipping . BTW , thats only 10 oil changes at the quickey lube for many . You'll get far more oil than that with an order [Smile]

I've got 11,000 miles on my last fill of Schaeffer #703 10W-30 and still going. The 10,000 mile analysis was excellent, and I'll sample again @ 12,500 miles. You can buy Schaeffer products from a sales rep near you or from Tim Mills that advertises at the top of this page. (And helps pay the forum bills.) Ken

I buy mine at a Carquest dealer in Benton Harbor Mi. Couldn't believe when I walked in and saw a three rolls, of Amsoil, Royal Purple and Shaeffers oil. I just bought the 15w40 for my spring change. I was going to use the walmart filter, but I just couldn't do it. Bought a K&N Filter at Advanced for $9.00. I figure **** , its going for into summer. Hey Bob, I was a little skeptical at first, but I got better gas milage from your semi syn 10w30 then most other full synthetics, except maybe Royal Purple. But for $3.00 a qt. Can't beat it. And the truck runs very well on your oil. I also put in a can of the Moly EP additive. [Patriot]

Status
Not open for further replies.