schaeffer`s in a toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.

EP

Is anyone running schaeffers blend in a toyota sludge maker. I can`t find a post were anyone is using it. I thought of using the blend and changing it every 4000 miles to be safe in a 03 camry v6. Plus I have a buddy who is thinking of running it in his 04. anyone have any thoughts on the subject.
Thanks

EP,
I cant say if these particular vintage Toyots are sludge makers.But I would say that Scheaffers 7000 series would be a good choice.The HT/HS I think is 3.5 which is good.
I have a 99 sludger and it has never had oil in over 3k.Usually 2.5k and out.But its been on Castrol which since its first change.I think Castrol is 3.2.The higher the number the better.
If I could find the numbers on MobilDC I'd be happy.

EP, Schaeffer's oil will do a fine job in your new Camry with that oil's superior oxidative resistance. Toyota has likely made some changes to the engines...we continue to hear debate on whether or not certain Toyota engines made sludge even with regular oil changes (I believe that they did), but in any case, the bad PR is not what Toyota or any other auto maker wants.

When you get the Schaeffer's oil, how about also getting two or three oil analysis kits?...low cost for the Schaeffer kits. Take a sample of the oil you drain @ 4000 miles and get it tested. You'll know for sure how you're doing, and you only need to do enough tests to find a trend.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back