Schaeffer oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:

Now, the question is, can I restrain myself and let the new oil go untested when I drain it this spring??
wink.gif

--- Bror Jace

nono.gif
Shame on you for even thinking like that!

tongue.gif
grin.gif

I don't know, Patman, the Civic is awful noisy these days. I don't know if its failure is imminent. Runs great ... but has a ticking, (possibly knocking) noise which may be getting louder.
frown.gif

Anyone know what a spun bearing sounds like?
spaz.gif

I'm tempted to go with a 15W40 oil instead of the 5W30 Schaeffer stuff I have on hand ... even though winter and sub freezing temps have already set in. The car starts up easily enough and the battery is relatively new so turning over shouldn't be much of an issue. Anything to keep it going until the better weather when i want to get something new.

Anyway, if the engine is in rough, near-terminal shape, the oil results will be horribly skewed and will be just a waste of money.
frown.gif

--- Bror Jace

I had a knocking noise on my old Honda Civic at about 125,000mi. The distributor bearings had given out. I had to replace the whole distributor and it was expensive.

Thanks Jay, come to think of it, I heard of someone else doing this. I'll see what a new one costs ... maybe even a used one.
dunno.gif

After taking really good care of my cars for years, I like to pass them on to friends and family who are looking for decent, low-cost transportation. It'd be a shame to junk the poor thing when it's in otherwise decent condition.
frown.gif

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back