Schaeffer Neutra Maintenance Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a first time user of Neutra and have been pleased with its performance. I could not find anything in the Scheaffer literature about maintenance dosage after initial treatment.

I did a search on old posts regarding Neutra and saw some recommendations of about 3 ounces/10 gallons of gas for a maintenance dose.

Does anybody here use Neutra regularly as a fuel system additive and can they confirm if 3 oz/10 gallons is a safe maintenance dose?

Mark,

Thank you for the response. Since putting the "shock" dose into my Avalon I have noticed a small, but perceptible increase in power off the line from a dead stop. I started noticing it after about 100 miles of using Neutra treated fuel. I am very pleased with the results. I typically use some form of fuel system additive about 3 times a year. I have used Chevron Techron and as of late have tried FP60. I have not gotten as nice results with them as with the Neutra.

I look forward to using some Schaeffer Supreme #9003 at my next oil change and strongly believe I will be equally delighted with the results.
grin.gif

problem I have seen is the bottles and the website say different dosage rates. I use 4 to 6oz for 10 gallons; and that is lower than both directions.

I got the Neutra in the gallon Jugs and have been using the website information. The datasheet on the website says 3 quarts (32 oz/quart x 3 quarts = 96 oz) per 200 gallons of gasoline.

That works out to:

200 gallons/96 ounces = 2.083 gallons/ounce = 0.48 ounce/gallon.

A twelve ounce bottle would treat 12 oz X 2.083 ga/oz = 25 gallon

If my memory is correct Sta-Bil treats 2.5 gallons/ounce, so Neutra is pretty close to Sta-bil in concentration.

Anyway, I have been treating a a rate of 2 gallons/ounce.

twocents.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back