Schaeffer #703 10W-30, Toyota V8, 7339 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
Just a note that this apparently is an SJ oil

API-SL & ILSAC GF-3

GF-3 & SL allows 1000 ppm of phosphorus. 1019 is probably lab error.

Ken

quote:

Originally posted by BlackF250:
I would put money on the fact that there are more 400k plus Ford and GM's than there are Toyota's.
cool.gif

Unfortunately so. And many of these high-mileage domestic motors should have been retired 100Kmi earlier judging from the smoke.

Let's be real now.........How many engines will hit 400k without some smoke? I have seen several that hit 300k, and they all blew some smoke.......foreign or domestic.

quote:

Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:
Let's be real now.........How many engines will hit 400k without some smoke? I have seen several that hit 300k, and they all blew some smoke.......foreign or domestic.

What's Some? For how long and how big?

Maybe like mine, only enough to be looking for it outside the car.

For all appearances Mine once its warm does not show smoke. Cold days it looks more until warm.

IE it may every time I mash the peddle to the floor with high revs... it might when the mechanic floors it in the bay or on a test drive... It might for a second or two... but not much...

Yes, its always burned since new, but it's not a smoker per se when on the highway or at idle at a light or in a parking spot. It burns even about the same or less than new, and I have 399,200+

I have had other cars, a couple that you could not see any smoke, and they had double miles what I have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back