Schaeffer 7000 or 9000 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

Kindly let me have your opinions which is the better oil for my Honda Fit 1.5. Drives gently and mostly city driving. OCI a little below 10K and using stock oil filter.

It seems like Honda engines are pretty easy on oil. I personally would use 9000 if it's mostly city. Schaeffer's makes great products by the way, good choice.

I agree, Schaeffer's seems to make good stuff. The only reason you don't see more people using it is the way this stuff is distributed, given the fact that their target audience is not retail.

If you're trying to go 10k for your OCI, the 9000 full syn would be a better choice. Maybe the 7000 with a UOA for reassurance.

Just curious - how long (in months) is your typical OCI ? Also, what is the recommended OCI on the FIT ?

I've used both 7000 and 9000 5w30 in the past (very plsed with them, but discontinued largely due to the distance I have to drive to the local dist. ctr.).

Personally, I would choose 9000 for a 10k city OCI.

Originally Posted By: ericthepig

I've used both 7000 and 9000 5w30 in the past (very plsed with them, but discontinued largely due to the distance I have to drive to the local dist. ctr.).

The Weese boys can't be that far. Can they?

Originally Posted By: salesrep
Originally Posted By: ericthepig

The Weese boys can't be that far. Can they?

I wrote a quick reply there that didn't give all the details for my decision. My '98 Sienna that once saw Sch. 7000 and 9000 is now our standby vehicle (pehaps 5k/year) - not worth my boutique tastes (and the 25 min. one way trip to the dist. ctr. in a direction I rarely travel).

My 2006 Mazda 6 is now the platform requiring boutique level lubrication. Spec'd 5w20. In my heart of hearts I want a 1 year OCI (at beginning of each school year - this vehicle is our short/medium tripper and the commuter for my three elem. age kids). Presently passing thru 10k miles (9 month) on M1 0w20. Zero consumption now at 10k (still at full mark) ! Thus no replenishment on TBN. I will dipstick UOA around 11k to see if I feel M1 is good for the full year (13-14k).

If M1 appears in nail biter territory, then I will likely make an even tougher distribution ctr trip. Dallas Tx for Gary Allan's finest 0w20. Making a trip to see relatives there in a couple of months.

It will greatly simplify things if M1 passes muster.

I've brooded on 7000 5w20 in this application, but not getting peace of mind. 9000 5w20 (if it existed) - would likely be peaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back