Schaeffer 7000 5W-30 , 7430 mi, 2008 Nissan Rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy, all!

Here are two samples from my wife's Rogue.
Latest sample is on the far right.
2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2.5L QR25DE, CVT transmission
Analysis by OAI

Schaeffer Supreme 7000 5W-30---Schaeffer Supreme 7000 5W-30
8298 mi /10 weeks on oil-------7430 mi /11 weeks on oil
15614 mi on vehicle------------23044 mi on vehicle
Purolator Pure One Filter------Purolator Pure One Filter
Factory air filter-------------Purolator air filter

Fe-----8---------------------------8
Cr-----0---------------------------0
Ni-----0---------------------------1
Al-----3---------------------------1
Cu-----3---------------------------3
Pb-----4---------------------------0
Sn-----0---------------------------0
Cd-----0---------------------------0
Ag-----0---------------------------0
Ti-----0---------------------------0
V-----0---------------------------0
Si-----24--------------------------22
Na-----8---------------------------14
K-----1---------------------------7
Mo-----298-------------------------319
Sb-----0---------------------------0
Mn-----0---------------------------0
Li-----0---------------------------0
B-----15--------------------------7
Mg-----11--------------------------12
Ca-----2190------------------------2081
Ba-----0---------------------------0
P-----649-------------------------653
Z-----762-------------------------791

Fuel--- Water-- [email protected]
TBN----2.13-------------------------2.22
Ox-----15---------------------------13
Nit----23---------------------------20

VOA of the Shaeffer 7000 5W-30 by OAI here:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1086936

Reports documenting the rest of the vehicles history are here:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1115320&fpart=1

I'm a little concerned about the Sodium/K spike in the last sample-could be related to the Purolator air filter. I didn't care for the way it fit in the air box and changed it out for another Nissan filter after my last sample.

I am awaiting the results of my latest sample and will post them when I get them.

Thanks, REDDOG

I don't think your sodium spike was caused by your air filter, that would be silicon.

According to Balckstone, Sodium is an "antifreeze inhibitor", whatever that is lol

Several on this board use this oil with great results, looks like you got a great result as well :)

Nice report, if there was a dealer close to here, I would run this oil too, this engine likes thin oil.

I am 5000 miles behind your first UOA (on the left), here is my UOA: Analysis at about 11000 miles
Yours looks a bit better, nicely done.
Seems to take some times for the silicon to settle down.

Did OAI flag your Nitration level? Mine was 24 and yours was 23 with 1000 more miles on the oil but 5000 more miles on the engine.

With so many miles in this short period, I assume your wife's commute is mainly highway, don't I? Do you know her fuel mileage?

thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Pesca,

Yes it certainly takes awhile for the silicon to trend down in these engines. The wear metals sure seem to level off fast though! Nice looking reports you have there also. Hope you like your Rogue as much as we like ours.

OAI did flag the Nitration on my report, just as they did yours-I believe they stated it was at a Moderate level. There was no OX or Nitration on my VOA, though so I'm not sure where it started.

The wife's driving does include quite a bit of highway with driving to certain towns or cities and then making frequent stops once she gets where she's going. She also uses the Rogue getting around the neighboorhood doing Mom type stuff. I have a hard time getting the wife to check her milage-last I knew she was averaging about 25-26 mpg. I'm quite certain she could get 29 or 30 if it was all highway driving.

Very pleased with the CUV/SUV: drives like a car, just with better visibility (except the rear of course).

The only thing noticeable is upper engine noise when engine is cold, valves slapping I would say (my wife took the car today and noticed it right away). Did you notice it on yours?
When at operating temperature or in summer, it is so quiet you wonder if it is running.

I want to be out of warranty soon to be able to test xw20 oil in it, I am sure it would be great (you are close using Schaeffer).

In summer I do about 31-32 mpg with probably more highway than your wife (and at about 62mph to save fuel), but now, with the cold temperatures, I am averaging 28 mpg which is still great for this type of car.

Pesca,

Awesome mileage you're getting. Your thoughts/experiences mirror mine exactly. I agree, these motors would love a 20 wt. The Formula Shell I broke the motor in on ended up a 20 wt anyway after a few thousand miles and the numbers were pretty good.

I think we sometimes overlook that sodium can come from residual road salt powder that often remains in the cracks of the road surface long after the salt is applied. Today i drove on a road that had been salted several days ago. The road was dry, the weather sunny but every car was putting up a fine white dust. Loose air filkter....sodium in the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back