Schaeffer #267 Jeep GC Dana 35c Limited Slip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed Schaeffer 267 in my Jeep’s Dana 35C with limited slip. My Jeep calls for 75W-140 synthetic, but decided to try the 80W-90 #267 based on recommendations from the fine members of this board.

Initial observations: 1. I installed the lube without a friction modifier for the limited slip. The clutches in the limited slip groaned so I had to add some Stay-lube friction modifier. This cured the problem. 2. The rear end is significantly quieter (much less gear whine) than it was with its previous fill of Amsoil Series 2000 synthetic 75W-140. I’ll leave leave the #267 in for a year, and at that time will pull the cover off for a service and inspection to see how things look. We’ll see how it goes.

Darrenc,

For one, I will be very interested in your findings and observations using #267.

This oil was originally designed for construction truck differentials, so it should do well.

It's just like you said. Very viscous. So far, I'm impressed. Next, I'm going to put some in my boat's sterndrive. Thanks for your help.

Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back