Schaefer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Thompson - My experience here on the east coast has been that with s&h the avg cost per qt is over $3. The guy from whom I order offers to ship any order over $250 free of s&h. Unfortunately, with only 3 vehicles in which I'm using Schaeffers products it would take me a couple years or more to use $250 of products. Moreover, I simply don't have the space in which to store that much stuff.

I'm a very boring person. I have no hobbies to speak of, so I'm willing to pay over $3 for what appears to be some good stuff. Though I do have my limits, and when some of the other brands went over about $5.50/qt, including s&h, I began looking for another oil brand. That's how I became interested in Shaeffers' products. (As an aside, it's too bad their packaging isn't a little more "bold.")

>>>Posted by MSmith:
"I'm a very boring person. I have no hobbies to speak of, so I'm willing to pay over $3 for what appears to be some good stuff. Though I do have my limits, SNIP
Thats the funniest thing I've read lately. I suspect this could apply to anyone who frequents an "oil" site....I need to get more of a life. I'll try calling Tim, thanks for the tip.
Mike

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Thompson:
>>>Posted by MSmith:
"I'm a very boring person. I have no hobbies to speak of, so I'm willing to pay over $3 for what appears to be some good stuff. Though I do have my limits, SNIP
Thats the funniest thing I've read lately. I suspect this could apply to anyone who frequents an "oil" site....I need to get more of a life. I'll try calling Tim, thanks for the tip.
Mike

hehe, with 4500 posts, I'm the one that needs a life more than anyone here!
smile.gif

I do have a life by the way, and here is proof:

http://www.geocities.com/gattsls1/alex14.html

smile.gif

I'd like to try some, but what are the hassles of getting this stuff to SoCal? And by the time its laid in here, how much will it cost? Anyone with any experience with this? Freight is pretty high, and if its going to be ~$3 qt. I'll probably have to drop the idea.
Mike

I don't know if there is anybody closer. Try calling Tim Mills 800-737-1747 8-5 central m-f.

Tim deals in small orders. That would be a great opportunity to try some single cans of Schaeffer's other products like Penetrol 90 (Penetrating oil), Citrol (citrus based cleaner)or aluminum complex greases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back