Scanner to Turn Off Air Bag Light

Greetings-
Is anyone familiar with a inexpensive scan tool that can turn off air bag light on a Porsche? Air bag circuit is repaired but this light must be turned off using a Porsche dedicated scan tool once repaired. Durametric DIY scanner ($300) will do it but its PC based and I I have only Apple products.

The Foxwell NT 530 is about $180. I have one with MB software loaded. It can do airbag (SRS) lights on Mercedes. I reckon the Porsche one can do Porsche.

They‘re slow in operation. Take about five minutes for a full module scan, where my DAS/XENTRY laptop takes about a minute.

But you’re looking for cheap, not fast, right?

What about calling some of the EU-centric repair shops around here and paying them $40 to turn it off ? Doesn't sound like the required scan tool is something you use/need enough to justify buying. I do wonder if some shops just won't reset it because it's part of the airbag system, just like Autozone, etc won't reset SRS or ABS codes.

What about calling some of the EU-centric repair shops around here and paying them $40 to turn it off ? Doesn't sound like the required scan tool is something you use/need enough to justify buying. I do wonder if some shops just won't reset it because it's part of the airbag system, just like Autozone, etc won't reset SRS or ABS codes.
Thanks but that light is known for repeatedly coming on so it would be $40 each time!

The Foxwell NT 530 is about $180. I have one with MB software loaded. It can do airbag (SRS) lights on Mercedes. I reckon the Porsche one can do Porsche.

They‘re slow in operation. Take about five minutes for a full module scan, where my DAS/XENTRY laptop takes about a minute.

But you’re looking for cheap, not fast, right?
Could the 530 be used on other cars? Need specific software $$$ for each?

Thanks but that light is known for repeatedly coming on so it would be $40 each time!
Your post made it sound like you had an airbag-related issue, the light turned on, the repair was made, but you have no way to turn it off / reset it (and the car doesn't detect that the circuit is now good). Sounds like it's a different issue so yeah, a tool might be more cost-effective in the long run.

Could the 530 be used on other cars? Need specific software $$$ for each?
I believe that you can download additional software packages for each make. I don’t know what the price is - but yes, it can be used on other cars.

I recently bought an Autel AL619 ($100) that reads/clears the airbag codes on most makes/models but I can't verify it does Porsche. Maybe a message to tech support would clarify for your year/model?

I recently bought an Autel AL619 ($100) that reads/clears the airbag codes on most makes/models but I can't verify it does Porsche. Maybe a message to tech support would clarify for your year/model?
Thanks- I did that, waiting on response

I recently bought an Innova scanner and they have a vehicle coverage checker here: https://www.innova.com/pages/coverage. Leave the Retailer and Scanner drop-downs alone and just fill in your car details. It will list a whole bunch of their scanner models and what it can do with your model. It doesn't list all of their models though but what is listed is quite a lot.

Bought a Xtool 30D. Did the job and free lifetime updates for all makes. Scans all modules and bi-directional. $150 onAmazon. Not a shill for Xtool...

Back