SCANGAUGE ll - who uses 1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and how do you find it ?

i've seen them mentioned a few times on here, but not really known what was meant or what they were for

so i googled it, $159.95 from AMAZON

is it worth it?

is it more helpful with your driving habits or your diagnosing of faults ?

please help an ocker out here m8

if you are sure it works on your car, i think it would be great. it does NOT work on my Australian built Camry because OBD-II system on it is propriety Toyota aus.

hi crinkles

i googled aust, and found a big 15 page discussion on the LS1 forums

trying like crazy to join, but its a computer doncha know ???

I have one and i believe it helps me fine tune my driving, i have it set to do daily mpg's and its sort of like a contest to see if i can get better mpg today than yesterday.

I do have one ... :) I liked it .. toys for boys as they say...
I know someone that is selling his .. if you are interested let me know ...

I have one and it is excellent... One of the best things I bought for my Truck.
wink.gif

I've got one. Its nice to have and since I've just got my first check engine light it was great to read it and then erase it with the unit.

The read outs are also great. Look for a group buy on one and join the board that is having one. That is what I did and got one for real close to $100 shipped.

Take care, Bill

If you bemoan the lack of actual informative gauges on your car, it's worth it. But for fuel savings alone, I'd say maybe not. I have a regular commute and once I toyed around long enough with driving style and tire PSI, I pretty much found out what I needed to do to drive as economically as possible. After that, the Scanguage really became superfluous for that function.

But even still, it's great to have all the different gauge readouts and, of course, (in my case) the OBDII reader.

I have one. Love it! Having real data is great. The only instruments on my dash are the gas gauge and speedometer. It added much-wanted data readouts. Plus my gas gauge is wonky because of a new level sensor, so it's handy to know what the fuel level really is.

I have a SGII. I love it. I only use the gauge readouts pretty much. I need to check with the makers and see if they have an update for my version though. The trip function says I burn on the order of 2000 gallons of gasoline between fill ups. I do not remember hooking up a tanker trailer, so I have my doubts that is accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
I have a SGII. I love it. I only use the gauge readouts pretty much. I need to check with the makers and see if they have an update for my version though. The trip function says I burn on the order of 2000 gallons of gasoline between fill ups. I do not remember hooking up a tanker trailer, so I have my doubts that is accurate.
Is yours not set right? Mine is accurate with the pump when I refill +/- 0.5 liters (1/8th GAL)...

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Is yours not set right? Mine is accurate with the pump when I refill +/- 0.5 liters (1/8th GAL)...

I have it set right as far as I can tell.. When I would try to set it with the pump I would have to set it to something like -1000% and my gas mileage readings would go through the roof. Like 100mpg+.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
If Scangauge can display Oil Temp then I will get one. I don't care much for coolant temp and other infos.
Depends on the vehicle, if it has an oil temp sensor hooked to the ECU then the SG-II could probably read it with an X-Gauge if coding for it is available.

Originally Posted By: StevieC

I have it set right as far as I can tell.. When I would try to set it with the pump I would have to set it to something like -1000% and my gas mileage readings would go through the roof. Like 100mpg+.

21.gif
Dunno... Mine works... Happy with that... Is the firmware up to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back