ScanGauge II or Edge CTS3

I’ve been wanting to get a ScanGauge II for my 2012 F150, but Ive also read that the Edge CTS3 is a great monitoring tool. Im not worried about the more expensive price of the Edge, I’d like to buy whichever is better. Those with experience with either Id like to hear some opinions.

I just looked up the Edge CTS3 online - it looks awesome. Fortunately or unfortunately, it's not compatible with any of the vehicles I maintain - I just saved hundreds of dollars. ;)

I've had several ScanGauges over the years, including a 1st-gen model purchased in 2005. The early ones looked like Heathkits. The ScanGauge II is a lot nicer aesthetically, and much more compact.

They read most basic codes, but occasionally are stumped by one. The gauge package is useful. I usually run the fuel parameters (instantaneous litres/100 km, litres/hr, average consumption in litres/100 km) and coolant temperature. I sometimes display voltage instead, and in the mountains I sometimes display LOAD.

Overall I'm happy with the SC II, and would buy another one.

Isn't Bluedriver more of a value than a scangage. It monitors and has much more scanning abilities.

Back