Scan tool that can do Audi keys?

My cousin picked up a 2019 Audi Q7, he only got one key.

Dealership I think quoted him like $800 for 2 additional keys.

Most of these scan tool runs about that, I'm thinking I can buy a scantool and split the cost with them. Youtube is showing Xtool D8 to be able to do toyotas and hondas but no one is messing with the Euro stuff.

I know in the past (maybe current) VW needed ODIN or something to connect via the german server to get this done.

Anyone confirm if we have a sub $1000 scan tool that can do audi keys? Or confirm if D8 can not handle this function.

I've played around with a lot of car programming & keys and newer VAG vehicles have to be the hardest/worst to deal with. You should check with local locksmiths to see if anyone can make you keys... if they can't there is a reason for that and you don't need to worry about finding a tool.

no you need a real tool like VVDI 2 or the IM608 even then its best to consult experts on mhhauto.

all key lost is completely different ballgame

Last edited:
Be careful of using a not approved scan tool for your vehicle. There is a member at a Jaguar Forum where I am also a member of who tried to copy a Fob key buy using a universal key scan tool device and ended messing the whole car's electronic system. As a result the car will not start and needs to be towed to the dealer.

2019 is either going to be a late immo 4 or immo 5 vehicle. A key ordered by VIN from an Audi dealer can be adapted with ODIS. An aftermarket key needs precoding after pulling an immo file from the car and then adapted to the car. It is very hit and miss whether aftermarket tools will do immo 4 and 5. I do these with ODIS. There is no cloning a key for one of these things because of the precoding needed. I gave up on the aftermarket keys and do dealer keys with ODIS

earlier VAG volkswagen auto group vehicles like my 2001 jetta had a key code in the manual but newer is not so EZE + although audi's are a VAG vehicle being higher end everything costs more even exactly same parts, good luck but search + contacting VW-Audi specialty shops you might get lucky + save some $$$, checking specific forums can help as well.

2019 is either going to be a late immo 4 or immo 5 vehicle. A key ordered by VIN from an Audi dealer can be adapted with ODIS. An aftermarket key needs precoding after pulling an immo file from the car and then adapted to the car. It is very hit and miss whether aftermarket tools will do immo 4 and 5. I do these with ODIS. There is no cloning a key for one of these things because of the precoding needed. I gave up on the aftermarket keys and do dealer keys with ODIS
This is a bummer. I was really hoping on helping them and helping me getting a bi directional tool like a Autel or something.

$800 for two Audi keys is actually a good deal. The dealer can supply and program the fob but the emergency key that fits inside it must be ordered by vin number from Audi in NJ. At least that's the story my dealer gave me when he handed me my new fob & key and a bill for $639.00

Last edited:
$800 for two Audi keys is actually a good deal. The dealer can supply and program the fob but the emergency key that fits inside it must be ordered by vin number from Audi in NJ. At least that's the story my dealer gave me when he handed me my new fob & key and a bill for $639.00
^^^^This :D

From Audi/VW yes, but that emergency key is nothing special and something any locksmith that can cut a high security key can cut. I would have to look up the specific application but most are an HU66T keyway

Sorry, use going from memory and it's been a few years. Price was more like $540.00
$124 for the key, $285 for the fob and $130 to program it. $639 was with some other items, that number stuck in my head.

Last edited:
Judging by some of the older cars we get in for key coding and replacement keys it mustn’t be a easy thing to do without ODIS. I wouldn’t think it’s impossible but definitely going to be expensive if a tool is out there.

Back