Sayings that people told you...

"Any oil is better than no oil."

Also, I wish more businesses and managers understood this one.

"You can delegate authority ut you can't delegate reponsibility."

Years ago when I was maybe 19 I was in a discussion with two old guys about 24. One of them was considering going to college using the GI Bill. He complained that "I'll be 30 by the time I graduate." The other guy told him "You're going to be 30 anyway."

"A bird in the hand is worth three in the tree"

Originally Posted by skyactiv
From my younger sister when she was on H. It's safe because I smoke it.

crazy2.gif

Yeah, I have an older brother in the same boat.
He justifies his addictions the same way.

To this day everyone in the family (including me) is amazed he's still alive considering what he's put his body through.
Sad really, as I know I couldn't stomach seeing him again as his appearance has degraded horribly since I last saw him 7 years ago.
Last time our mom saw him (few years back) she burst into tears and couldn't stop.

When you find yourself in a hole...stop digging

Make sure the juice is worth the squeeze

Don't be a moron...before doing something...ask yourself...would a moron do that?

If money can solve your problems...you have no problems.

Pray towards heaven but row towards shore

God can move mountains but you better bring your shovel

quitting while your ahead is not the same as giving up

From my father, on smoking cigars -

"You should treat it like a love affair; enjoy it, then stop it before it gets all bitter and nasty at the end..."

...your brain is the only body part you should be using to make important decisions, the rest of the body parts are for other things. I had to figure this out myself growing up in a bad area surrounded by ppl making bad decisions.

When I was a freshman in high school an older guy told me to "Never let anything a girl does or says bother you".

I have found that very hard to do no matter how hard I have tried in my life.

How about you?

Forest: life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.

Don't do two crimes at the same time. My grandpa told me this when I got my drivers license.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Nothing is foolproof. Fools should keep their hands off of machinery. (Jeff Cooper)

From an elderly German fella in the TV commercial. "Too soon old, too late shmart!"

From my Italian buddy(Vitorio), driving in the U.S. "The hurrier you are, the behinder you get!" After he got pulled over for speeding.

As an apprentice mechanic I was told that with new cars "Run 'em in fast, and they'll always be fast!"

And I've found this to be true!

Originally Posted by Duffyjr
Forest: life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get..

Oooh, the Mandela Effect got you good.

Ones I live by:

1) Fail to plan and you plan to fail.
2) Pay yourself first. (Savings before disposable spending).
3) Look after your pennies and your pennies will look after the dollars.
4) Look after your car and your car will look after you.
5) Have more coming in that you have going out. (Sort of related to 2 & 3)
6) Live for today but save some for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Shannow
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
Forest: life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get..

Oooh, the Mandela Effect got you good.

Got it, I guess she did say "life was like a box.... But when you see the clip of him on the park bench with the nurse it's not all that clear and sort of sounds like he is saying 'is like...'.

Last edited:
Back