Say I'm paying cash on a used vehicle?

Dealers are the worst. My last two purchases were found from searching “by owner” listings only. The 05 escalade took 5 minutes of visual inspecting and a 10 minute test drive that ended at my credit union where i asked the guy if he wanted to sell it for a little less. He quickly agreed and i pulled the cash. We rode around in a black escalade with a pile of cash like we were up to no good.

A Dealer would have started with a higher asking price, not negotiated, wanted to finance/add on things, just done everything to make the deal worse for me. They are professionals at taking the most money from everyone.

The guy wanting his old whatever gone just wants it gone without much trouble.

Dealers are the worst. My last two purchases were found from searching “by owner” listings only. The 05 escalade took 5 minutes of visual inspecting and a 10 minute test drive that ended at my credit union where i asked the guy if he wanted to sell it for a little less. He quickly agreed and i pulled the cash. We rode around in a black escalade with a pile of cash like we were up to no good.

A Dealer would have started with a higher asking price, not negotiated, wanted to finance/add on things, just done everything to make the deal worse for me. They are professionals at taking the most money from everyone.

The guy wanting his old whatever gone just wants it gone without much trouble.
I'm with you on buying private party and that will always be my preference, but the problem is the number of private party sellers are dwindling so I've ended up having to go the dealership route to get the right one in the right condition. I've also gotten great deals from dealerships, but that was before the current market condition of course.

The bank is required to file a Currency Transaction Report for cashier's checks over $10,000, so it would have been reported by the bank as well. That is why the car dealer then doesn't need to report the check as the bank already did.
Not really. Cashiers checks aren't considered currency, it's dollars and coins that count as currency, not checks.

We just went through this two days ago with my niece . Used car purchase . Cash or finance was the same price .

Cash is always king.
Except at Dealers. Cash or a wire transfer is the same. As a matter of fact-dealers prefer those who finance through them, as they make money off originating the loan-and maybe a point or two in the loan it self.

Except at Dealers. Cash or a wire transfer is the same. As a matter of fact-dealers prefer those who finance through them, as they make money off originating the loan-and maybe a point or two in the loan it self.
Dealers would never get a dollar from me to begin with

Her dealer said cash or finance was the same price . She wrote a check and we left .

Back