sawsall blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget the brand, I bought a 10 pack of some white ones. I shop by country of origin first, cost 2nd. Milwaukee blades are American made and reliable, long lasting.

We us lenox saw blades for both our rough in blades, and our steel cutting blades, the Milwaukee ones were ok, but for our use the lenox ones are best

I have had very good luck with the white milwaukee blades, particularly "the Torch" for cutting metal. Those did a ton of work on my bronco restoration.

Milwaukee and now they outcut Irwin due to new technology Milwaukee came out with,coldforming them and last longer.I seen the video on Milwaukee's website.Dewalt's sawzall blades are junk,do not last.You replace their blades after each cut.

I completely ruined I think it was one of the Milwaukee red blades, about 10 tpi wood blade cutting holes for a couple of electrical boxes. The teeth were clear gone and 3/4'' of the tip broke off. Too little left to tell what it was.

I was working on my son's 40's house. It has about 3/4'' of very hard plaster over 1/4'' plaster board. Next time I do any work there, I am taking my masonry and carbide grit blades.

They all become POs's fairly quickly so I just buy the cheapest ones I can find. Although I mostly only cut exhaust with them, but have done a few other things around the house with it.

Off topic. I recently had to remove some small stumps. I have never been able to clean up roots well enough to keep from ruining a saw chain.

I started digging a trench out a foot or so with my drain spade. Its narrow blade allowed it to fit between the roots. I then sliced out a chunk of each root with a pruning blade in my recip saw. Once I have the trench clear around, hook on to it with a chain and my truck. It was a lot of work, but much less than other stumps and easier on me and my tools. Yeah, it ruined that blade, but I found a 5 pack for $8 at Big Lots, Skill brand.

The bigger the truck and smaller the stump, the less digging and cutting.

Yeah, it ruined that blade, but I found a 5 pack for $8 at Big Lots, skill brand.

More off topic, I've found clearing roots to be my most unforeseen, but most handy use for a recip saw. When I bought it I didn't anticipate digging roots from around the AC condensor, the gas lamp, and the water main but I've done all those plus the anticipated uses.

I used the OEM blade on my Milwaukee Sawzall to cut an old bathtub into three big chunks - the tub was made out of that funky pot iron material.

I'm still using the same blade.

Originally Posted By: Win
I used the OEM blade on my Milwaukee Sawzall to cut an old bathtub into three big chunks - the tub was made out of that funky pot iron material.

I'm still using the same blade.

Cast Iron. The Milwaukee blade is durable.

Last edited:
I too had the best results with Milwaukee Demolition Blades in my Porter Cable Tiger reciprocating saw - they are thicker and last longer

Originally Posted By: duaneb9729
We us lenox saw blades for both our rough in blades, and our steel cutting blades, the Milwaukee ones were ok, but for our use the lenox ones are best

+1 I dismantled some old cars a few years back with my 10 amp sawzall, nothing I tried came close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back