Saw someone walk out of Lowes without paying

Status
Not open for further replies.
was at lowes today getting some shower parts. while in line a woman with a weedeater just walks out without paying. the cashier yells at her but she just keeps on walking. all of us in the line were amazed, but what amazed me more was what the woman that was paying said. She said" if you guys are going to let her just walk out without paying, why should i pay for this stuff". this kind of attitude towards theft was interesting .

was at lowes today getting some shower parts. while in line a woman with a weedeater just walks out without paying. the cashier yells at her but she just keeps on walking. all of us in the line were amazed, but what amazed me more was what the woman that was paying said. She said" if you guys are going to let her just walk out without paying, why should i pay for this stuff". this kind of attitude towards theft was interesting .
Because you are taking a chance if someone put you on YouTube and then your boss find out, then fire you.

A bus driver I know once had a passenger that due to circumstance couldn't pay her fare. It was a loyal customer and a silly circumstance like forgot her wallet. The driver wanted to let her on without paying and IMMEDIATELY 7 other people wanted their ticket refunded, which is impossible for obvious reasons. He ended up paying her ticket out of his own pocket to get the others to calm down.

Nothing new. Cheaper to have minimal security staff.
If the shoplifter looked like a 400 lb defensive lineman, there is the possibility there would have been no yelling at all.

...what amazed me more was what the woman that was paying said. She said" if you guys are going to let her just walk out without paying, why should i pay for this stuff".

A bus driver I know once had a passenger that due to circumstance couldn't pay her fare. It was a loyal customer and a silly circumstance like forgot her wallet. The driver wanted to let her on without paying and IMMEDIATELY 7 other people wanted their ticket refunded, which is impossible for obvious reasons. He ended up paying her ticket out of his own pocket to get the others to calm down.

Most people are about as smart as a 5 watt refrigerator bulb, other's about as smart as room temperature. Yet when the opportunity presents itself, they're all "opportunists". We're witnessing the downfall of the West.

If its not a concern at the top........ Lowe's CEO seems to be doing financially ok even with losses like the OP posted. Contracting armed guards at the stores likely costs more than the thefts. Not right on any level, but for a company like Lowe's - attitude is possibly "cost of doing business".

Lowe's Cos. Inc. Chief executive Marvin Ellison had total compensation of $23.07 million for 2020.

You guys are so dramatic.

For all you know she just did an exchange at the customer service counter and walked out with the replacement weed eater.

At my Lowes the CS counter is nowhere near the checkout lines and you have to walk through the checkout lines to exit the store.

"Downfall of western society"

"New York Post"

"Kids these days"

drama, drama, drama...

You guys are so dramatic.

For all you know she just did an exchange at the customer service counter and walked out with the replacement weed eater.

At my Lowes the CS counter is nowhere near the checkout lines and you have to walk through the checkout lines to exit the store.

"Downfall of western society"

"New York Post"

"Kids these days"

drama, drama, drama...
Even if they were stealing, all LP could do is take a plate number anyway.

People probably think they can shoot to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back