Saw Mobil 1 at Sams Club, $3.88/qt

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 6 quart cases, $23.30 a case. First time I've ever seen quart bottles for less than the going rate, currently $4.88/qt around here. Sure wish they bottled the 5 qt jugs again. What a deal those were.

quote:

Originally posted by burnbomber:
I have, regularly. Settled for buying their house branded synthetic clone for $3/qt.

Wal*Marts all over the country are now selling the 5 gallon jugs of Mobil 1. I have been to 3 in our area and they all have them. 5W30 and 10W30 only though. Visit yours again.

quote:

Wal*Marts all over the country are now selling the 5 gallon jugs of Mobil 1. I have been to 3 in our area and they all have them. 5W30 and 10W30 only though. Visit yours again.

Not true. I have been to all Wal Mart's in SLC, UT, and they dont have the jugs right now. However, they are selling quarts for less than 4 dollars.

I haven't seen any 5 qt. jugs of M1 at Wal-marts in WI either. The price per quart container is $4.77 there.

I did notice a sale on M1 this past weekend at Mill's Fleet Farm, $3.99 per quart, and $23.94 for the six quart cases. Regularily $4.49 per quart. That price sure did move their stock, the shelves were nearly empty when I was there.

You may be right that your Wal*Mart does not have the jugs, but...I did notice that in 2 of our local Wal*Marts, they are not in the oil aisle, but rather are located in an area on the fringes of the auto dept. You may want to ask or look closer...or maybe you already did. Just a thought.

Walmarts in MN have Mobil 1 5 qrt jugs for $18.88. That's $3.77 per qrt.

quote:

Originally posted by CJH:

quote:

Originally posted by burnbomber:
I have, regularly. Settled for buying their house branded synthetic clone for $3/qt.

Hey, where in PA are you? I can't find those 5l jugs around Philly...

Hey, where in PA are you? I can't find those 5l jugs around Philly... [/QB]

[/QUOTE]
I am in North West PA near Erie. The Wal*Marts in Erie and Edinboro have jugs of 5W30 and 10W30. Also there is one south of here near Seneca PA (I think they call it Cranberry) that has them. Like I said, not located with the other oils in the oil aisle...you have to look around...

True, here in Doo-Dah land they have the 6-quart cases at Sam's but no 5-quart jugs have shown up at Walmart as yet!

FIGURES
mad.gif
: Two weeks ago I bought 12 qrts of M1 10w30 on sale for $4 each and today I check Walmart for the 5 qrt jugs (after being told they'd be restocked in February
rolleyes.gif
) and there they are!!!!! For $18.88!!
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif

lol.gif
Wondering whether I should deal with the hassle of returning old oil for the 5 qrt jugs. Probably waste that much gas. Then again I need about 5.5 qrts for maximum fill level. Could return 10 and keep 2 for extra.
AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
banghead.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back