Saw Mercedes out testing the Concept Coupe SUV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was driving back from lunch today when I saw what looked like two jacked up sedans in full psychedelic camo with badges covered up. They were unmistakably Mercedes from the front end appearance though.

Looking online, it appears to be the Mercedes "Concept Coupe SUV"
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/future/model/model-All_New_Concept_Coupe_SUV

Sorry, no pics, but there are many pics online already.

This is what I saw...
001-mercedes-benz-mlc-spy-shots-1.jpg

Kind of neat to see a preproduction prototype. Though we have Mercedes, Hyundai, and Honda building cars in the state, it is unusual to see prototypes roaming around in Birmingham. I guess our messed up roads are a good proving ground. It's probably an everyday thing for people in certain parts of MI and Southwestern desert areas, but not around here.

All they had to do was put a Korean looking badge on it, get it real dirty and ad some Baja plates and no one would pay any attention to it at all, well that and some dents and scrapes.

There's at least a tiny sliver of a chance that the Venza, Crosstour and X6 proved that there wasn't really a market for overweight, uglified and 2 inch taller versions of sedans.

But then you look at all the success the Aztek had and you realize that's what people really want: all the weight, handling and fuel economy benefits of an SUV, but with the smaller interior and towing capability of a regular sedan.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
There's at least a tiny sliver of a chance that the Venza, Crosstour and X6 proved that there wasn't really a market for overweight, uglified and 2 inch taller versions of sedans.

But then you look at all the success the Aztek had and you realize that's what people really want: all the weight, handling and fuel economy benefits of an SUV, but with the smaller interior and towing capability of a regular sedan.

I cringe every time I see a Crosstour or Venza. Why not just go full station wagon!?

If Honda made an Accord Wagon, or Toyota made a Camry Wagon ... I'd buy it for sure!

Originally Posted By: Miller88

I cringe every time I see a Crosstour or Venza. Why not just go full station wagon!?

If Honda made an Accord Wagon, or Toyota made a Camry Wagon ... I'd buy it for sure!

I heard one time Honda made an Accord wagon, but instead of marketing towards the people who would actually want such a thing (people wanting the fuel economy, handling and value of a sedan with the space of a CUV) they slapped an Acura badge on it and priced it at 35 grand... and nobody bought one.

I've never actually seen one, so it might have been an internet hoax.

That was European Accord i.e. Acura TSX wagon and they were making them at least until 2012 but never sold well.

Honda stopped making Accord Wagons few generation ago.

+1

I heard one time Honda made an Accord wagon, but instead of marketing towards the people who would actually want such a thing (people wanting the fuel economy, handling and value of a sedan with the space of a CUV) they slapped an Acura badge on it and priced it at 35 grand... and nobody bought one.

I've never actually seen one, so it might have been an internet hoax.

This?
http://autospeed.me/honda-accord-wagon-w...2-honda-accord/

And then I remember these:
http://www.stationwagonforums.com/forums/gallery/showimage.php?i=2358

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back