Saw Additech machine for first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prices ranged from about $9 to over $20 if I recall correctly. They ranged from an "every tank" product to special "reconditioning" treatments for cars with 50k+ miles on them.

It took me a few minutes to figure out what I was looking at and there was a line waiting for the pump so I didn't dawdle much to scope it out.

The hassle of getting additives into my tank in the proper amounts would make it worth a small premium on price to have it automatically added at the pump; as long as I'm not simply paying 10 bucks for a pint of diesel pumped out of the diesel storage tank.

Greetings folks, first post here.

I saw an "Additech" machine at my local Murphy Oil station and was wondering if anyone had any scoop on this product.

The options looked pretty pricey, but given the cost of Techron, et al,the ease of adding the product to the gas as it was being pumped into my tank made it attractive to me. With the credit card "Pay at Pump" option I may give it a try if the product has any merit.

Any thoughts?

Welcome, Walter Mitty!

Info from the Additech site indicates that the use of these gasoline pump mounted additive dispensing systems is limited to 18 states. So, you are seeing firsthand, a new gasoline engine additive and dispensing system, that is unfamilar to many of us.

Access to a MSDS sheet on the various products would be helpful to determine what family the additives belong to.

What was the approximate price for the products?

TopTier has more competition.

What if the additive tank is empty? Pay for nothing! I'll stick with a bottle of FI cleaner 4 times a year.

$10 is a lot for a one tank additive. Redline, Regane, Techron, etc can all be had for much less usually. Just dump the whole bottle in before you fill up and you're good to go.

A co-worker told me that the Kroger's around Mcdonough, Georgia, are currently offering the fuel-adds with gas. He said the price is going up to like $15, but I have not personally seen this.

I'll keep my FP60 and Murphy USA gas though, cannot complain about that blend.

Wow, didn't realize Louisiana was on the cutting edge of something. We've had the additech machines for at least a year or so.
shocked.gif

Of course Murphy's US ops are headquartered right up the road in El Dorado, Ark...'bout 30 miles from my office.
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back