Saw a Rivian today at the Home Depot

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
And it was dirty, all dusty with mud on the rocker panels and in the wheel wells. The owner was just going in, I caught up when he was getting a cart so I asked him what he thought of his truck. He loves it, got it in May and has 8,000 miles on it now. Pre-ordered 2 years ago. He was in a hurry so that was all I got. Good to see one being used as a truck. The answer you'd expect from first adopters but it seems EV owners who buy with their eyes open really seem to like them.

I haven't seen an R1T in person yet. I also would like to talk to an owner and get a feeling of their experience with one.

I didn't realize it until reading a discussion here on BITOG, but I guess the R1T is smaller than a full sized pickup? What was your impression? Is the pickup a usable size?

The answer you'd expect from first adopters but it seems EV owners who buy with their eyes open really seem to like them.
EVs are not for everyone, but if your use case is a fit and the price is in the budget, they can be great. I've seen a number of Rivians running around here, but the bed was always empty.

I haven't seen an R1T in person yet. I also would like to talk to an owner and get a feeling of their experience with one.

I didn't realize it until reading a discussion here on BITOG, but I guess the R1T is smaller than a full sized pickup? What was your impression? Is the pickup a usable size?
They are smaller than a full sized PU, all around, not just the bed. Perhaps this pic will help. Maybe you can judge by the license plate?
1663626878238.jpg

Def smaller than full size. 135" wheelbase, 54" bed. It looks truckier than a Ridgeline but the Ridgeline has a 64" bed.

My 06 tundra was kind of a 3/4 size truck. It was about perfect - large enough to do work but a little easier to fling around town. In my mind, that’s where the Rivian sits.

They will have to pry my SuperDuties from my cold dead fingers ....... they look like a cartoon just my opinion but if you like them the rock on

A friend of mine received his R1T about 2 weeks ago, I agree with the comment on the front end look, but it isn't that bad.
He took me for a short ride yesterday to the store, stopped on a stretch of road where nobody was around, looked at me and asked if I was ready. Well the truck took off and the best I can explain it would be a rocket in a tunnel feeling, very very fast.
That being said I feel it would need a larger bed to be a real usable truck but for a commuter vehicle that's used for loading up smaller items it will work fine, I actually like it, it's got power and is a comfortable ride. For work though it needs a larger bed and the look of the front end could use some improvements.
Larry

A friend of mine received his R1T about 2 weeks ago, I agree with the comment on the front end look, but it isn't that bad.
He took me for a short ride yesterday to the store, stopped on a stretch of road where nobody was around, looked at me and asked if I was ready. Well the truck took off and the best I can explain it would be a rocket in a tunnel feeling, very very fast.
That being said I feel it would need a larger bed to be a real usable truck but for a commuter vehicle that's used for loading up smaller items it will work fine, I actually like it, it's got power and is a comfortable ride. For work though it needs a larger bed and the look of the front end could use some improvements.
Larry
Do you know what your friend paid for his Rivian? They ain't cheap! Just curious...

For a new manufacturer’s first attempt/vehicle, the Rivian is impressively well-made. I was quite surprised when I saw it up close.

Hopefully they make a cheaper, 2-motor and less fancy version eventually.

Hahahaha, yes it is. 😀

dyson fans for headlights!

For nearly $100k, which by the way is absolutely insane, one Should get some classy styling.

PXL_20220927_203412937.jpg

Finally caught one here on the Island
Seems they're finally spreading throughout the city
I still see transport trucks full of them by the delivery/service center in Bushwick
It's a little expensive 🫰, but the odd looks are beginning to grow on me
The service lounge (by appointment only) does look quite plush 👍
Rivian Service Center

Back