Saw a new BMW and had to do a double take.

Achtung! BMW Malibu

Malibu.JPG

Originally Posted by wemay
It just doesn't look like a BMW [to me]. Not that it looks bad at all, just different.

Honda and BMW designers must have been drinking together.

[Linked Image from media.ed.edmunds-media.com]

Originally Posted by Trav
Originally Posted by DuckRyder
That is not a BMW.

This is a BMW:

[Linked Image from cdn.hiconsumption.com]

If I had to choose a favorite BMW it would be between these two. The 507 and the B7

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A neighbor in the back of my development has a black 635 CSI in mint condition. The paint job alone is amazing. Pure sex !! Too bad BMW could never build a front end like that again due to EU pedestrian impact regs.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by Rand
anyone that says that is ugly.. be prepared to vomit in your mouth a little bit....

Saw this beauty when dropping off a couple amazon returns at kohl's.

[Linked Image]

Chrome Leaf springs, red painted shackles and axles. white driveshaft. 100% ugly

the huge overly wide chrome wheels with no name Chinese mudders stretched out on them(wheels wider than tires)

Oh and the fact that the tires are 100% outside the fenders which is illegal.

I didnt look real close.. wanting to preserve my eyesight.. but appeared to be a cheap block lift. Notice where the leaf springs are in relation to the rear axle?

Holy [censored] !!!!!!!

Those Specialty Forged wheels are worth more than the truck. They are polished aluminum not chrome fwiw

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by wemay
It just doesn't look like a BMW [to me]. Not that it looks bad at all, just different.

Honda and BMW designers must have been drinking together.

We've had this discussion about derivative styling in the past. But I see a big difference between the rear quarter light geometry and tail lamps .. That's enough these days to make a different looking car.

Now the new VW Jetta, Chrylser 200 and Ford Fusion look EXACTLY like squashed or stretched versions of each other with most all character lines, side glass geometry and door scalloping and even door pulls.

I think the FCA attempt was most successful :

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Nick1994
Yikes that is ugly. Almost as bad as the X6.

I love the look of the X6! LOL!
lol.gif

Having owned BMWs since 1983, I still like a few models. If I buy another BMW to replace my M235i it will almost certainly be an M2C- but I'd also consider an M340i or X3 M40i. The new cars that share platforms with Mini vehicles don't really interest me.

Originally Posted by brages
I saw this one a while back:

[Linked Image]

I think someone has actually photoshopped the BMW roundel and "M" onto a Versa.

Originally Posted by MCompact

I leased an i3 REx for $100/months on a 24 month 20k mile lease. My wife and I loved it. It's quick enough to be entertaining and the handling(ours had 20" wheels) was much better than you'd expect. If the Clubman hadn't fallen into my lap I'd buy a 2016-2017 i3 for a work beater in a heartbeat.

$100 per month? That's awesome!!!! At that rate, I'd lease 5 of them.

I did test drive one. I'm more than a bit of a driving enthusiast and the very first thing I did was pitch it hard into a corner. The i3, while very stable, just did not have all that much grip. I'd say it was a 0.65g corner and the tires were pushing hard at the limit. It performed exactly as I expected.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
That is not a BMW.

This is a BMW:

If I had to choose a favorite BMW it would be between these two. The 507 and the B7

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A neighbor in the back of my development has a black 635 CSI in mint condition. The paint job alone is amazing. Pure sex !! Too bad BMW could never build a front end like that again due to EU pedestrian impact regs.

The old 6 series was a timeless classic, the optional buffalo hide interior wasn't too shabby either.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

lol.gif

Me too.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Originally Posted by brages
I saw this one a while back:

[Linked Image]

I think someone has actually photoshopped the BMW roundel and "M" onto a Versa.

It is a photo that I took, not a Photoshop...

That is not a BMW.

This is a BMW:

I've had a sweet spot for the E38 7er and E39 5er. Modern, but still retains that Teutonic charm.

[Linked Image from virtuagarage.com]

lol.gif

Me too.
lol.gif

I just don't like cars that look like dogs squatting to take a poop.

BMW X6, Chrysler Crossfire, Nissan Murano Convertible, Honda Accord Crosstour, etc.

lol.gif

The wife is very pleased with her new ride.

'20 M Competition in Ametrin Metallic, Bi-color wheels, Taruma Brown full Marino leather, Piano Black finish trim, Driver Assistance professional package, and Executive package.

It's peppier than the previous X6 M was.

Originally Posted by 02SE

lol.gif

'20 M Competition in Ametrin Metallic, Bi-color wheels, Taruma Brown full Marino leather, Piano Black finish trim, Driver Assistance professional package, and Executive package.

Nice!

Originally Posted by 02SE

lol.gif

What MCompact said, NICE! I think they are one of the best looking SUV's on the market, and in M trim? I imagine it is an absolute blast to drive.

lol.gif

Me too.
lol.gif

I just don't like cars that look like dogs squatting to take a poop.

BMW X6, Chrysler Crossfire, Nissan Murano Convertible, Honda Accord Crosstour, etc.

Exactly! And don't forget the Panamera in that list.

Back