Saw a new BMW and had to do a double take.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
That is not a BMW.

This is a BMW:

[Linked Image from cdn.hiconsumption.com]

My all-time favorite at that!

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by wemay
It just doesn't look like a BMW [to me]. Not that it looks bad at all, just different.

4-series GT?

Is it? it was really small. Smaller than the 4-series i've seen from the past few years. It only had "X-Drive and 328i" on the trunk.

EDIT - carmudgeon cleared it up. 2-series Grand Coupe

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Cujet
Originally Posted by hemitom
reminds me of a kia forte and and a Elantra.

And a bit like a Jetta from the side!

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Either of those cars would be an improvement in reliability and value.

Hahahaha, I know what you are saying, but I'm not so sure. The way that Hyundai and Kia pop engines....

Lol, that's true!
At least with the KIA and Hyundai, you aren't on the hook for several thousand more in repairs once out of warranty

Hahahaha, I know what you are saying, but I'm not so sure. The way that Hyundai and Kia pop engines....

Lol, that's true!
At least with the KIA and Hyundai, you aren't on the hook for several thousand more in repairs once out of warranty

Both companies reliability issues are overstated. And so is BMW's.

God that's ugly. That's their new compact contender? Please...

$41,250 MSRP with absolutely no options other than the premium package, minus sunroof no less. That's just to get options like heated seats, keyless go, and a few other whatever's that even a $20k Hyundai has standard.

I bet they sell a ton of them.

So many vehicles look alike these days. Kia Hyundai Honda Toyota Volks and BMW have such a similar body style. Add Ford to this too.

I've been hankering for a 2020 or 2021 BMW X5 and if you dig into it you can see where BMW has banked a big portion of their profits on the X5 at the expense of some other lines. Profit margin is huge on the X5. I have been doing a good job of keeping myself from that money pit.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
So many vehicles look alike these days. Kia Hyundai Honda Toyota Volks and BMW have such a similar body style. Add Ford to this too.

I've been hankering for a 2020 or 2021 BMW X5 and if you dig into it you can see where BMW has banked a big portion of their profits on the X5 at the expense of some other lines. Profit margin is huge on the X5. I have been doing a good job of keeping myself from that money pit.

Do yourself a favor: buy the new Genesis GV80. You'll thank me later.

And then there is this BMW with 3 inch wide tires on 27 inch rims, a 2.4 gallon gas tank, a 649cc twin with 33HP and more:

[Linked Image from images.caricos.com]

Last edited:
And then there is this BMW with 3 inch wide tires on 27 inch rims, a 2.4 gallon gas tank, a 649cc twin with 33HP and more:

[Linked Image from images.caricos.com]

I leased an i3 REx for $100/months on a 24 month 20k mile lease. My wife and I loved it. It's quick enough to be entertaining and the handling(ours had 20" wheels) was much better than you'd expect. If the Clubman hadn't fallen into my lap I'd buy a 2016-2017 i3 for a work beater in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by wemay

Lol, that's true!

Both companies reliability issues are overstated. And so is BMW's.

This. Hyundai and kia were certain engines on certain cars. BMW is just expensive.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Cujet said:

I leased an i3 REx for $100/months on a 24 month 20k mile lease. My wife and I loved it. It's quick enough to be entertaining and the handling(ours had 20" wheels) was much better than you'd expect. If the Clubman hadn't fallen into my lap I'd buy a 2016-2017 i3 for a work beater in a heartbeat.

It's an interesting possibility. They depreciate heavily, so they're relatively cheap. Most think they're ugly, but i can appreciate the avant garde looks and practicality. But I wish it used more normal wheels and tires, but you're basically stuck with having to go OE.

As far as the brand in general, I know a lot of owners who think it lost its focus long ago (and not just the usual "get off my lawn" type of grumbling), and the newer models have much more complexity that provide potential pitfalls for long-term owners who DIY.

It's also a shame that the M cars have shifted to the pony car end of the spectrum, and less well rounded. That the M2C, the closest thing to the E30 M3 now, weighs 3600 lbs is more than a little unfortunate.

Originally Posted by Rand
anyone that says that is ugly.. be prepared to vomit in your mouth a little bit....

Saw this beauty when dropping off a couple amazon returns at kohl's.

[Linked Image]

Chrome Leaf springs, red painted shackles and axles. white driveshaft. 100% ugly

the huge overly wide chrome wheels with no name Chinese mudders stretched out on them(wheels wider than tires)

Oh and the fact that the tires are 100% outside the fenders which is illegal.

I didnt look real close.. wanting to preserve my eyesight.. but appeared to be a cheap block lift. Notice where the leaf springs are in relation to the rear axle?

Holy [censored] !!!!!!!

Wow that is disappointing styling for BMW.

But haven't we been disappointed since the Bangle days?
_______
I'm looking at used, low mileage Maser GT that can be had in the low $30K range.

Ferrari V8, Italian leather interior.

Good reliability, not outrageous service cost that you can easily do yourself.

(ex: Local Subaru want $900 + to do a 4 wheel brake job. Talk about Outrageous!)

The Maserati GranTurismo is a little too pretty for me though - I tend to like two box sleepers

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Back