Saved $.60c/gallon on gas today

Our (new) local grocery store Price Chopper has an on-going promo with Sunoco, $.10c a gallon off for every $10 you spend at the store. I wasn't really paying attention and spent $60 on light groceries. Later, using the reciept and the bonus card, I swiped it at the pump and wow, $6.70 off a 11g tank! Chasing around for a few cents off a gallon is a waste, but this is a serious discount. I wish I knew about it when I buying a few tanks a week.

My grocery store has been doing that for a year and has their own gas station in front. I'm gonna shop ther anyway so it's a good place to get a discount. It a great idea

My wife just did a 15 gallon fill-up for $1.85/gallon at the local Weis store using her discount. That was a $9 savings!

Last edited:
I missed a discount coupon, one day only special at Giant the other day (sunday before Memorial Day?) .50 off a gallon. I was going to both cars in, fill them up together so it shows as one fill up. alas, I missed it. maybe next time.

We always got our groceries at Price Chopper, so it made sense to take advantage of the discount. Last week I bought 20 gallons of 93 oct. for $0.09 per gallon.

Audi Junkie

Price Chopper is fine for most things. WalMart for others. One thing that won't change is buying the GV Beef Stew, the meat-eaters in my house love it, better than Alpo. PC also has nice big bags of spinach for the rest of us. Beleive me, I would not overspend at PC, the gas discount was entirely secondary.