Sausage: what to cook with it?

Pardon my ignorance here but I have some sweet hot and regular real local lump/loose sausage. Wondering what to cook up with it. I have beans, rice and other foods.

Yeah, peppers and onions! Throw that guy in a big bun with P&O and You can't go wrong.

My wife is Puerto Rican, so we'd have rice & beans too. We just keep the windows open.

I just browned a pound of case-less Italian hot sausage meat and added it to tomato sauce (crushed tomato, green bell pepper, 5 cloves of garlic and half an onion. Over pasta.

The sweet sausage meat you have is crying out for basil spice. Same treatment as above.

Crumble it into your next lasagna.

Carefully stack it on crackers and put a slice of mozzerella atop.

Brown it and throw it into a bean soup or beef broth & rice soup (canned or homemade)

As @AutoMechanic said, I'm not familiar with that type of sausage and I agree with him, onions and peppers. I also like what my US brothers like to call, sauteed broccoli rabe with my sausage.
I meant it’s loose or ground sausage stuffed in a tube. From local ma and pa shop that raise their own meats and hogs. Sorry folks for not clarifying

What can't you fix with sausage? Main thing is, cook it so you can drain some of the fat out since that much grease is not good for you.

Oh, man, gotta get the new grill up and running!

image.JPG

Braised cabbage, bacon mashed potatoes with chives, sauerkraut and grainy mustard on the side. Same goes if you have a nice pork cutlet and plan on making some schnitzel. Nom on buddy!

I mix cooked sausage with Knorr Four Cheese Pasta...

A cup of frozen peas for color...

Cook sausage in a pan greased with a little EVOO, and a tablesppon water, medium low heat, 5 minutes, stir, 5 more minutes.

Cook pasta side according to directions.
I use two pasta sides with one pound sausage

Combine pasta and sausage.
Add peas, turn off heat, but leave on burner. Let sit 5-10 minutes. (About 7-8 is good for me)

Eat...

Back