Saturn V6 Honda engine with Castrol 0-30 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I am a new bee, glad to join the forum.

Have been learned a lot about "everything" on this forum.

I have 3 questions.

1. In the "oil bible" which I get it from an other oil forum, the author recommended to use 0-30 or 5-30 instead of 5-20 for new Honda and Ford engines. However, based on the report on this forum, the Motocraft 5-20 doing real well.

Shall I use 5-20 or 0-30/5-30 per Oil Bible for my new 2004 Saturn VUE V6?

2. I visit the AutoZone last night, They have 0-30 SuperSyn but Made in USA, not Germany. Is it the same????

3. I did autorx for my 2 car last month, 98 Chevy Cavalier, 94K and 95 Dodge Caravan 140K. The chevy is still in rinse phase, and the Dodge just completed the rinse phase (first application on both cars). Since I run out of ARX, can I do 2 rinse phase before reapply the second application?

Thank you very much for your help.

Winter55

I own the same Vue with the Honda engine as yours. Check through the UOA section on the different oils I've tried. I think GC/Castrol 0w-30 would be an excellent choice for this engine.

1. Sounds like the author in that "bible" has his own opinion. Xw-20 and Xw-30 oils all work well in this application. GC 0w-30 and M1 0w-20 are the sweet-spots IMO. FWIW, I really liked the Walmart SuperTech Full synth 5w-30 in the Vue.

2. 0W-30 Supersyn is a Mobil1 product. If you're referring to the Castrol lineup, the 0w-30 label MUST read "made in Germany, imported to the US..." You are correct, it's not the same. The domestic 0w-30 is not as good as the German made product. You may want to check their stock on this oil...they may very well have stock of GC, but are pushing the domestic-produced product out the door first...

3. Absolutely.

cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back