Saturn Sky Turbo Oil filter nut

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend has a 2008 Saturn Sky Turbo. I caught her just as she was heading to Walmart for an oil change. She has been getting 3,000 mile Mobil 1 oil changes there! I educated her and told her to just buy the oil, I'd get the filter and we'll do it at my house for now on. Also explained the waste of the 3,000 mile changes.

Anyhow - anybody know what size socket fits on the oil filter cartridge lid?? I forgot to check but it looked like it as 2" or so. I'd like to be ready when she comes over. (Not sure if it's the same size as my 3.6DI CTS)

If it's the same size as my sister's L200, it's a 32 mm. They make a special shallow socket for it. A regular socket may be too tall and it might hit the intake manifold. Don't know if that's an issue on the Sky.

If it is line my saab turbo, it is 32mm, and it a very short socket for easy fit. I got mine at snap-on.

32mm is 1-1/4". The plastic oil filter canister housing cover doesn't notice the difference.

Joel

Last edited:
With a turbo and direct injection I don't think 3,000 mile oil changes are that far out of line, and she did know to get it changed with Mobil 1...I wouldn't say it's all that bad.

IDK why people still don't read the manual or are aware of the OLM, or WHY someone who can afford the sky turbo goes to wm???

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
With a turbo and direct injection I don't think 3,000 mile oil changes are that far out of line, and she did know to get it changed with Mobil 1...I wouldn't say it's all that bad.
+1.

Not to be sexist here, but a lot of the women I work with don't seem to have a clue that their cars even need oil changes. If she's aware enough to get the car serviced and use the recommended oil, I'd say she's a keeper.... :D

Isn't that a model with the Mobil 1 logo on the cap since M1 is the factory fill? I'm not trying to discredit any saviness she may possess, but baybe it was a bit of luck that she liked that car and took it to a place where they are just sharp enough to read the oil cap.

Originally Posted By: Nyquist
Isn't that a model with the Mobil 1 logo on the cap since M1 is the factory fill? I'm not trying to discredit any saviness she may possess, but baybe it was a bit of luck that she liked that car and took it to a place where they are just sharp enough to read the oil cap.
I believe my Cobalt uses the same engine, and my cap has the Mobil1 logo on the cap, along with the owners manual recommending its use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back