Samsung frontloader washer/dryer set 1150+tax with free delivery, install, hardware, haul away etc @costco.

Not hearing good long-term reliability with the Korean appliances, maybe you'll do better?
I've been watching some youtube videos from an appliance repairman. He likes LG washer and dryers. Doesn't like their refrigerators. I have a Samsung washer that has been so far, so good.

Not hearing good long-term reliability with the Korean appliances, maybe you'll do better?
Its crude to say this but if they last 3 years they will probably outlast the inlaws. I also think its somewhat model specific.
I didnt want them to spend 3k on a new set of front loaders with pedestals(they dont interchange)
the old ones were decent for 5+ years with heavy abuse.. like running the dryer for 4 months with the vent plugged. (gas dryer)

These met all criteria and they have some other repairs to eat into their budget.

OTOH I dont have a 3k budget for my own. I'd like to keep it under 1500max. and I dont require pedestals.

my current set is a $450 toploader with electric dryer from HH gregg.
They do the job but dont owe me anything.. also going to need some new bearings and rollers soon.
going on 9 years old.

I'll likely not buy them.. and repair my current set but its quite tempting at that price. Not a fan of korean appliances.. but everything is getting worse IMO.. some of the kenmore are made by DAEWOO?

Last edited:
Have a Sammy washer dryer front load combo, going on 9 yrs with only one call on the dryer, happy with our set. :D
if it helps mine are samsung and is in the backyard in the open elements for the past 6 years.

Why can't the manufacturer's combine the two appliances into a single unit. This IS the 21st century.
They are quite common now, 18 combo units here-

or
Traditional all in one tower units

Im a little leary though, not sure why, I guess having separate machines makes replacing cheaper if need be or hard to tell the reliability of the others. Also a combination unit with just one drum means you cant do two loads of laundry at the same time. Having one in the dryer and one in the washer. SO at that point it starts to make less sense if that is important to you and it is to a lot of people

Why can't the manufacturer's combine the two appliances into a single unit. This IS the 21st century.
The apartment I rented in Paris last summer had a single unit made by "Candy". It didn't wash well and it didn't dry well and you had to hit just the right sequence of bottons and knobs to start it or it would throw an error code but it was an interesting idea.

Wow it's about time. Never seen those before. Why don't they advertise them anywhere?
I dont know!?!??
We only learned of this recently because we sold our current home, waiting for the new one to be finished and have been looking at appliances for the new home.
Maybe retailers affraid profits will be less? or maybe people just not sold on them. Your guess as good as mine.
Im leary of the true combo units as wife just pointed out, sometimes we wash and dry two loads but wow, what a great space saver and want to look into it more. If they are reliable we may find it attractive. Its just the two of us now.

As far as the stackable units, in that case we feel might as well get two separate units. Some of those now will stack too.
We are on the fence with both. Front loaders are great but I love the top loaders because they are easy to load and unload. I dont want to pay hundreds for a pedestal so I don have to get down on the floor to empty a washer.

the ones I posted are stackable.. requires 30$ bracket.

The combo cycle ones are European style with no venting which could be nice for specialized use but usually is about half the size of a full size washer
2.4 vs 4-5 cu ft.

So maybe great for a nursery in a big house or small apartment where space is at a premium.

the ones I posted are stackable.. requires 30$ bracket.

The combo cycle ones are European style with no venting which could be nice for specialized use but usually is about half the size of a full size washer
2.4 vs 4-5 cu ft.

So maybe great for a nursery in a big house or small apartment where space is at a premium.
Good point, some do have vents but more rare for sure.
Im not sure my wife and I really would need a 4.5 CU FT anymore but yeah, 2.4 is small and doubt that is an option, at least we will look at it.
Which would bring us to the next option as you did for your parents or https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-4-5...0f896d15f5131a79bb0c0e87ecaf456e&gclsrc=3p.ds

But I think we will just go with the traditional top loader and separate dryer at these prices because I dont want to have to get down on the floor to take laundry out of the washer and I am not ever going to buy a pedestal since there is no reason too = top loader.
Though the all in one type units like I posted the link too, the washer is a bit more off the floor than separate front loaders.
I have no problem with top loaders though and for us makes more sense unless stacking

Its crude to say this but if they last 3 years they will probably outlast the inlaws. I also think its somewhat model specific.
I didnt want them to spend 3k on a new set of front loaders with pedestals(they dont interchange)
the old ones were decent for 5+ years with heavy abuse.. like running the dryer for 4 months with the vent plugged. (gas dryer)

These met all criteria and they have some other repairs to eat into their budget.

OTOH I dont have a 3k budget for my own. I'd like to keep it under 1500max. and I dont require pedestals.

my current set is a $450 toploader with electric dryer from HH gregg.
They do the job but dont owe me anything.. also going to need some new bearings and rollers soon.
going on 9 years old.

I'll likely not buy them.. and repair my current set but its quite tempting at that price. Not a fan of korean appliances.. but everything is getting worse IMO.. some of the kenmore are made by DAEWOO?
I miss HH Gregg.

FWIW our front loading washer is a Whirlpool Duet that I bought from Sears in 2007. I had to replace the boot because someone did something dumb but it has been flawless otherwise. We bought it because our top loader (bought from Steinberg’s in 1995 if anyone remembers them) developed a transmission problem where the drum wouldn’t lock during agitation and the water would spin up the sides and onto the floor.

After we bought the Duet I found a NIB replacement transmission on eBay for $49 and fixed the top loader. It’s still there beside the front loader and gets used maybe once a year for shop rags and the like.

We have a couple Samsung appliances and they are JUNK! The refrigerator never did work right and finally died last month. The dishwasher does not clean worth a darn.

I have sworn off that brand forever.
I had the same experience. They are the Maserati of appliances. Great looks, big promises but constantly break and don't perform as designed.

Ditched my Samsung front load washer absolute junk i wouldn’t piss on the best part of one now.

Back