Sam's / Walmart Black Max 21" self propelled Honda GV160 need model number

Howdy BITOG,

I have the mower in the thread title, a 2018 FWD Black Max with Honda 160 from Sams. I've completely worn out the front drive wheels to the point it is as much a push mower as it is self propelled. I have purchased several replacement wheels that looked good but they did not work. I have since learned the mower was marketed by MTD. The model number is supposed to be on the left side of the deck however mine has been obliterated by mowing.

According to MTD if I can find the correct model number I should be able to find replacement wheels.

Can anyone here help? Thanks.

If you wore out the teeth on the inside of the wheel, also look for a slop on the drive gear shaft. If the bearing gets sloppy for the shaft, you will quicky ruin another wheel if it is not attended to.
Anyway, do you still have the receipt or manual to get the model # of the mower?

Yeah no receipt no idea where the manual went either. The gears are fine no issues, it's just the tread is off the wheels they are racing slicks at this point not helping me much.

Check to see if there is a part number on the wheel itself. I've gotten lucky a few times with this when I'm repairing a mower with missing serial tags.

Back