Salvage auction today- 2016 MERCEDES-BENZ S-CLASS MAYBACH S 600

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Bid is now at 36k USD. Nice V12 engine, but the flood waters went high into the interior. Getting parts for a 2016 Maybach on the "cheap" I suspect is near impossible, so few were built. I suspect items such as the seats will need to be fully disassembled and put back together, for seats of this design no easy task. Along with newly cut seat covers..... and this is just one of many challenges with this car.

At 10k, a fun project for an old guy who has space and five-ten years to get it going. At likely 50k out the auction lot........ uggghhhhh.

Last edited:
You are absolutely eaten up with the bug, I salute you. ;)
Lol... large quantities of salvage flood vehicles in the North East USA doesn't happen very often, bringing availability of these cars to market in a different way.

Biggest downer is the overall car shortages. Vehicles at salvage auctions are selling for much more than they would just 18 months ago.

I agree, $36k sound like a lot for a V12 MB that spent some of it's life as submarine. What could possibly go wrong?
Add to that 66k NYC driven miles........ That is a lot of wear and tear....

Says it runs and drives which is 90% of the battle with a flood car, but on the other hand, run and drive has a different meaning at a salvage auction then in common usage. It did cost $190,000 new which seems pretty cheap for a Maybach considering an '11 S600 I had cost $160K.

Says it runs and drives which is 90% of the battle with a flood car, but on the other hand, run and drive has a different meaning at a salvage auction then in common usage. It did cost $190,000 new which seems pretty cheap for a Maybach considering an '11 S600 I had cost $160K.
Hope to see this parked on the street in front of your house!!

Yes, runs and drive at salvage auction means very little......... Car only comes with one key, not sure the rims are OEM......... something tells me not a pretty purchase. But a young man in his 20's from the NYC region will talk Dad into "loaning" him the money for it. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

Finally, the car does not come with a title, it comes with a MV-907A is a common salvage certificate issued by the New York DMV. It's not a title though, just a certificate. So another huge hassle getting a title.

At 10k I am in. I would transport it to Arizona, find a tiny enclosed storage to rent, disassemble the interior, park it, and start work on it in summer 2024 when I retire. At likely 50k out the door, prefer to see it parked on the street in front of ATIKOVI's house.

Bid is now at 36k USD. Nice V12 engine, but the flood waters went high into the interior. Getting parts for a 2016 Maybach on the "cheap" I suspect is near impossible, so few were built. I suspect items such as the seats will need to be fully disassembled and put back together, for seats of this design no easy task. Along with newly cut seat covers..... and this is just one of many challenges with this car.

At 10k, a fun project for an old guy who has space and five-ten years to get it going. At likely 50k out the auction lot........ uggghhhhh.

Hoovie already did this. Use his experience as a template if you wish. Skip to 2:48 to miss the Copart endorsement;

Reactions: GON
it’s just a 222

this is a good deal for export to eastern europe where MB expertise is much higher and labor rates are much lower

Last edited:
Gimmie a break. That guy couldn't turn a wrench if it him in the face with it. If you send a salvage car out get mechanically repaired, you're screwed from the get go.
Fair enough. He doesn't present as a mechanic. I think the point Hoovie makes is the kind/quantity of mechanical work a similar vehicle might require and how pricey the parts are. As always the restoration of any car is a highly variable endeavour and will require lots of different skills and in this case courage and lots of dinero.

images

I would rather buy one that is a side hit, rear end hit, light front deer hit, or an easy side. I just don't see where the flood cars are a bargain. I would rather not buy a car like that just for the headache worrying about which idiot light will light up on the dash next. I know there are tons of flood cars bought and sold but I have never tried one. I have owned several rebuilders with good luck. When I was in high school the owner of the local body shop had a son who had bought an orange 1970 Cuda 340 that had been in a local Rapid City SD flood and totaled out. He took it apart and dried everything out and changed the fluids. It was literally a brand new low mileage car and beautiful when put back into service. Fast forward several years to a Mercedes and it's a whole new ball game. Not sure if I would want to waste new retirement time on this vehicle. Anyway let us know if you buy it and how it turns out.

Interesting that the dash will light up - or it did when it arrived.

Be interesting to see the tower images.

If you could have gotten to it quickly - and before the IAA goons turned the pressure washers on it and banged it around with a forklift it could have had a chance. A slim chance but a chance.

As it is now - the morning you get up and say to yourself "Self - I have no problems in my life and desperately need a big one" is the day to buy this thing.

Back