Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said, ""What is a Waldorf anyway, a walnut that's gone off?"
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Who said, ""What is a Waldorf anyway, a walnut that's gone off?"
LOL.gif

You want Basil with that?

When I was a kid a schoolmate was always griping about eating (by force) his grandma's Waldorf salad (twice a week or more).....I had no idea what he was talking about. Most of the guys just thought he was nuts
grin2.gif
.....I guess it just was never on the Mama Seminara menu. Later I found it, indeed kid knew what he was talking about!

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: mpvue
iceburg lettuse

Hyvää huomenta! Mites menee? Voinko auttaa sinua?
55.gif

my Finnish isn't very good, but it seems you are offering some sort of greeting? if it's some sort of inside joke, I guess I'm not on the inside because I don't get it.
it looks like my sausage fingers hit the s instead of the c. phonetically correct at least.

iceburg lettuse is a waste, just a carrier for dressing. I prefer spinach leaves, some radishes, red onions, black olives, hard boiled eggs, sprouts, a couple cherry tomatoes, and a drizzle of blue cheese. don't like ranch dressing much.

Me too. I never eat iceberg; it has no nutritional value at all.

Every day I eat a salad with spinach, romaine, broccoli, carrot, maybe some bell pepper, perhaps some red onion, and other veggies I have on hand, with light dressing, and sometimes some canned salmon or tuna. Tasty and healthy.

What about salad in a hamburger? Hamburger here has lettuce, tomato, beetroot, red onion, and optional bacon, egg, or pineapple. For some people that's the only vegetables they eat. Needless to say I don't eat hamburgers.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Only in Aus do they put a bloody beet in a burger.

Sorry to shock you, but I do that here in the good ol' US of A.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
But you are from Germany.

Try to find it at a burger joint in the US, and judge the popularity.

Nothing against pickled beets. Just not on my burger.

"But he was from Germany!" is what they'll write on my tombstone some day.
LOL.gif

I never ate beets more than rarely before my exodus, as far as I can remember. I don't care what the sheeple people do at burger joints. I put on my burgers what I want, not what the local convention attempts to dictate. Of course, I don't normally buy burgers at burger joints to begin with.
wink.gif

Oh, and I use raw, very thinly sliced, crunchy beets, not the pickled kind.

The beet layer adds texture and flavour to the usual pineapple and egg layer.

Of course you need to dislocate your jaw to fit in an Oz manburger hamburger in to start with.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
The beet layer adds texture and flavour to the usual pineapple and egg layer.

I can add no further comment as I just vomited on my keyb890sakhaj
37.gif
37.gif
37.gif
37.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
iceburg lettuse is a waste, just a carrier for dressing. I prefer spinach leaves, some radishes, red onions, black olives, hard boiled eggs, sprouts, a couple cherry tomatoes, and a drizzle of blue cheese. don't like ranch dressing much.

Me too. I never eat iceberg; it has no nutritional value at all.

Every day I eat a salad with spinach, romaine, broccoli, carrot, maybe some bell pepper, perhaps some red onion, and other veggies I have on hand, with light dressing, and sometimes some canned salmon or tuna. Tasty and healthy.

+1

Also, there are no rules as to quantity of dressing to use on salad. Less is more here.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back