Sailun Tires made in Cambodia

CKN

So-as my previous thread stated-The Toyo Tires on the Highlander were down to mostly 4/32nds. They were a little less on the Edges due to poor alignment. The OEM tires were absolute garbage and toast at 25,000 miles.

I came across the Sailun HLT Tires on the web. All comments seem to suggest they compare to tires that are 60% or more in cost.

WE had a road trip planned from Salt Lake City area to Alhambra, California. I cannot at this time find any negative on the tires. They performed extremely quiet at high speeds-through the Nevada and California deserts that had temperature in the high 90's. They are quiet, planted, responsive etc.
For context-Discount has an in-house brand they call Phantom, that are manufactured in Vietnam.

Wet performance is still to be determined.

I paid 98.00 per tire-plus the customary balancing, etc.
They are sold through Big O Tires and Tire Kingdom as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTK
Coming from aged tires with 4/32nd tread, just about anything will be quiet, responsive, etc. I don't know that initial impressions mean a whole lot when it comes to tires.

Coming from aged tires with 4/32nd tread, just about anything will be quiet, responsive, etc. I don't know that initial impressions mean a whole lot when it comes to tires.
Well.......it was a 1,700 mile trip. A little more than initial impressions. Especially putting them to high speed-hotter ambient temperatures environment.

I’ve seen few folks with them. They seem to be pretty decent tires.

Only knock I’ve heard on them it that they wear a bit faster….

Reactions: CKN
On my Chrysler 300m's (yes, 20+ years old now) I currently have a set of Sailun Atrezzo SH408 (225-55-17) on one car and Sailun Inspire (225-60-17) on another car. Might be going on 3 or 4 years now for both, but I don't put a lot of miles on them. I have a set of 245-45-18 that I bought 2 or 3 years ago that I haven't put on rims yet.

I have a pair of the Sailun Ice blazzer snow tires that I use on the front of my winter car, 2 years old but we haven't had much deep snow unlike in past years.

I used to buy General Gmax, Yokahama Avid, Dunlop Sport tires for my 300m's in years past, and those tires were affordable back then, but now as far as I'm concerned the Sailun's (which I thought were made in China?) are just fine.

LIMITED MILEAGE PROTECTION​

50,000 mile / 60-month Limited Tread Life Protection

Yep, I saw that. Person in question only got low 40s on them with regular rotations. But I’m sure it also varies by vehicle too….

On my Chrysler 300m's (yes, 20+ years old now) I currently have a set of Sailun Atrezzo SH408 (225-55-17) on one car and Sailun Inspire (225-60-17) on another car. Might be going on 3 or 4 years now for both, but I don't put a lot of miles on them. I have a set of 245-45-18 that I bought 2 or 3 years ago that I haven't put on rims yet.

I have a pair of the Sailun Ice blazzer snow tires that I use on the front of my winter car, 2 years old but we haven't had much deep snow unlike in past years.

I used to buy General Gmax, Yokahama Avid, Dunlop Sport tires for my 300m's in years past, and those tires were affordable back then, but now as far as I'm concerned the Sailun's (which I thought were made in China?) are just fine.
Might be type/size dependent. But the tires I bought are clearly stamped "Made in Cambodia".

A friend of mine has Sailun Inspire on his 2017 Mazda3 hatch. We did a 2800 km trip to Toronto, all highway, they ride very well, quiet also, no vibration or out of balance, I was surprised with the ride quality. I run Michelin, Bridgestones, Yokohama, Generals, Toyo, Hankook, and a few Goodyear, the Sailun are very competitive.

A friend of mine has Sailun Inspire on his 2017 Mazda3 hatch. We did a 2800 km trip to Toronto, all highway, they ride very well, quiet also, no vibration or out of balance, I was surprised with the ride quality. I run Michelin, Bridgestones, Yokohama, Generals, Toyo, Hankook, and a few Goodyear, the Sailun are very competitive.
It would appear they are a solid choice for a lower cost tire.

So-as my previous thread stated-The Toyo Tires on the Highlander were down to mostly 4/32nds. They were a little less on the Edges due to poor alignment. The OEM tires were absolute garbage and toast at 25,000 miles.

I came across the Sailun HLT Tires on the web. All comments seem to suggest they compare to tires that are 60% or more in cost.

WE had a road trip planned from Salt Lake City area to Alhambra, California. I cannot at this time find any negative on the tires. They performed extremely quiet at high speeds-through the Nevada and California deserts that had temperature in the high 90's. They are quiet, planted, responsive etc.
For context-Discount has an in-house brand they call Phantom, that are manufactured in Vietnam.

Wet performance is still to be determined.

I paid 98.00 per tire-plus the customary balancing, etc.
They are sold through Big O Tires and Tire Kingdom as well.

How did you know they're made in Cambodia?

Sailun is supposed to be one of the more premium Chinese brands. I'd like to see some tests of this brand.

Interesting that they made them in Cambodia. Maybe its to get around tarifs on Chinese-made tires.

With respect to the warranty, could be a way to keep the cost down on a decent tire that doesn't ream you for the name on the sidewall. Many folks are driving 10,000 miles a year and would be at the limit on both warranty terms in 5 years and it becomes a non-starter.

Like was said above, fresh rubber feels good and I agree. Also agree the OP did a lot more miles than an "initial impression", lol. Sounds like a win-win based on the feedback from others as well.

With that, a 70,000 mile tire for 7 years at 10,000 miles a year and 2-3 times the cost would be worn out from rubber aging regardless of miles.

Sailun is supposed to be one of the more premium Chinese brands. I'd like to see some tests of this brand.

Interesting that they made them in Cambodia. Maybe its to get around tarifs on Chinese-made tires.
They just broke ground for a plant in Mexico. I have 3,000 miles on them thus far. I beginning to believe they are truly a bargain!

I haven't had too many duds and pretty much all I've bought over the past 10yrs is import tires. The Primewells on our versa are doing excellent. I've had great results with Crosswind tires as well. Great service out of GT Radial snow tires. Bad luck with supermax. 2 sets on 2 different vehicles were garbage in ~20K miles

As many third world Asian companies are wont to do, they have many brand names for tires that originate from the same factory. I may be wrong but the high performance brand of Sailun's is called "The Runs". Glad they are working out for you. I recently spent $800 for Michelins so I know the pain of high priced tires.

Reactions: CKN
I guess I'll be the immature one and say, "The Runs", really? No thanks.
There is not a tire on Sailun Tire USA' s website called " the runs". A Google search doesn't provide it either.
You can now rest easy.

Last edited:
Back