Safe to Use Toyota Red or Pink in 1991 Ford F150?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know why you'd want to use the toyota long life coolant in an older vehicle, it's expensive. I'd just use a 8 dollar gallon of the green stuff from walmart. I use the toyota stuff in my lexus, but that's only because I'm scared to use anything else. Supposedly it's good for 100k miles, but after you do your first fluid change they say it's only good for 50k miles. I know it's a low silicant formula...organic I think...yet Toyota still has problems with leaking water pumps and other coolant leaks. Some people think it's because of the coolant, but I've had no issues.

Originally Posted By: doublebase
I don't even know why you'd want to use the toyota long life coolant in an older vehicle, it's expensive. I'd just use a 8 dollar gallon of the green stuff from walmart. I use the toyota stuff in my lexus, but that's only because I'm scared to use anything else. Supposedly it's good for 100k miles, but after you do your first fluid change they say it's only good for 50k miles. I know it's a low silicant formula...organic I think...yet Toyota still has problems with leaking water pumps and other coolant leaks. Some people think it's because of the coolant, but I've had no issues.

Hes already got the toyota coolant so its not going to cost him anything. The green stuff walmart sells is a dexclone and would be worse yet.

Originally Posted By: CDX825
Originally Posted By: doublebase

Hes already got the toyota coolant so its not going to cost him anything. The green stuff walmart sells is a dexclone and would be worse yet.

Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back