SAE 30 CQ brand oil is SP.

I thought all the newer oil had been rebranded to Fram?
I think it has been yes. As I said I can’t make out date code on bottle.

Attachments

• EC683D38-9DC6-475F-9CC6-F30F9C98DB46.jpeg
    EC683D38-9DC6-475F-9CC6-F30F9C98DB46.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 32
This SAE 40 carquest is SN+ also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 16
Here were the rules regarding use of SP. Manufacturers were allowed to use SP on the bottle since May 1, 2020, so that bottle of SAE 30 must have been purchased after that date I would think. Interesting to me that the straight 30 got a SP rating.

As for the SAE xW40, ( not sure about straight 40) it can have an SP rating only if the phosphorus is less than 800 ppm, unlike how they got a break and were able to use SN even if they had more than 800 ppm phosphorous. That has been changed. Thanks for bringing up the topic. Enjoy.

C526D2E3-E0BF-4AB1-9F42-836C8E52A80D.png

Last edited:
Was looking thru the stash and curious as to how a SAE 30 like some of my CQ stuff is SP. maybe I’m overthinking this. Yeah hank You for info in advance
What are you over thinking. I would guess the oil bottlers just buy the SP add packages .

I wouldn't buy a conventional SAE 30 oil simply because a multi grade is usually cheaper and usually a synthetic blend these days. Syn blend sp rated ST 5w-30 is just under $3. I'd happily buy an sp rated quart of straight 30 conventional if it were no more than $1.75 a quart. Sae 30 ain't bad at all if you run your engine at 60f+

I wouldn't buy a conventional SAE 30 oil simply because a multi grade is usually cheaper and usually a synthetic blend these days. Syn blend sp rated ST 5w-30 is just under $3. I'd happily buy an sp rated quart of straight 30 conventional if it were no more than $1.75 a quart. Sae 30 ain't bad at all if you run your engine at 60f+
Isn’t bad for lawn mowers and small equipment either

Well, 70-80 cents beat paying over $3 or even $1 quart 🤣🤣

Well, 70-80 cents beat paying over $3 or even $1 quart 🤣🤣
where'd you get it so cheap. the cheapest 30 seems to be the napa one at $2.39 on discount by $2 a quart. QC is about $4 regular price. only my tractor supply has the cheapest oil.

AAP cleared out carquest oil to replace it with the same oil rebranded as Fram.
oh yeah i heard of that. i just figured carquest would stay open to sell their stock and replenish it with AAP stock then change the sign to AAP. a lot of businesses that buy a competitor just transition like that.

Back