Sad day for me. Great day for my daughter in law.

So on Friday night, my wife and I delivered our 2014 Mazda CX-5 to my wife's daughter and her husband.
Just shy of 8 years, and 81,400 miles, it has been a fantastic car for us.
My DIL needs a car that actually doesn't have 2 and 1/2 tires in the junkyard, which is a generous way to describe her 99 Corolla in its current state.
Their Jeep Cherokee is currently dead, and they have been borrowing his fathers Tundra for months in order to get back and forth to work and university every day.

I am extremely sad to see it go, as I had grown very attached to it.

In order to prepare myself for what occurred on Friday night, we picked up this little red number:

20210308_101703.jpg

20210308_101715.jpg

2021 Giulia AWD.
Only 16 miles on it when we took it for the test drive, and it is a great driving sedan.

So the garage now contains 5 Italians and 1 German.

20201018_144826.jpg

But the most important thing is that my DIL now has a great car, and doesn't have to drive around in a worn out car anymore.

BC.

So on Friday night, my wife and I delivered our 2014 Mazda CX-5 to my wife's daughter and her husband.
Just shy of 8 years, and 81,400 miles, it has been a fantastic car for us.
My DIL needs a car that actually doesn't have 2 and 1/2 tires in the junkyard, which is a generous way to describe her 99 Corolla in its current state.
Their Jeep Cherokee is currently dead, and they have been borrowing his fathers Tundra for months in order to get back and forth to work and university every day.

I am extremely sad to see it go, as I had grown very attached to it.

In order to prepare myself for what occurred on Friday night, we picked up this little red number:

View attachment 49300
View attachment 49301

2021 Giulia AWD.
Only 16 miles on it when we took it for the test drive, and it is a great driving sedan.

So the garage now contains 5 Italians and 1 German.

View attachment 49302

But the most important thing is that my DIL now has a great car, and doesn't have to drive around in a worn out car anymore.

BC.
The front grill of the Alfa looks like the front grills of the new BMW M3-M4 and 4 series.

But, BMWs is uglier imo. Idk wth BMW is doing.

I'll stick with my E90 :)

The front grill of the Alfa looks like the front grills of the new BMW M3-M4 and 4 series.

But, BMWs is uglier imo. Idk wth BMW is doing.

I'll stick with my E90 :)

I am so sorry that I made your eyes cry.
I had no idea that you disliked the nose of my new car so much.

I promise that I will do my best to never make your eyes bleed that badly ever again.

20210308_101715.jpg

Oh, dang it.
My fingers slipped.

Or I posted the wrong file.

Sorry about that.

BC.

did that several years ago with my old ford tempo, gave it to my granddaughter I didn't want to part with that car as it ran fantastic and minor rust ,as a matter of fact she still driving it sure don't see many tempos on the road these days

I hope she fully appreciates and values what you did for her. I did similar 40 years ago and the car was treated poorly and later the recipient then hinted that a replacement would be nice. I declined.

I gave all three of my kids (now 29, 25, and 22) my 1995 Chevy Caprice, 2000 Silverado, and 1997 C1500 respectively. BTW the 1997 C1500 was my Dads truck that I got after he passed away. I am gratified to see my son drive it now. In a small way it connects my son to his grandfather.

Of course these are no where near in the class of the exotic vehicles above, but I have enjoyed letting my kids get started driving with our family vehicles.

I hope she fully appreciates and values what you did for her. I did similar 40 years ago and the car was treated poorly and later the recipient then hinted that a replacement would be nice. I declined.

That was my thought too. Very generous move, but if they can’t keep up the vehicles they have, how will they keep this next one? Some pretty serious decisions about budgeting, spending, etc. need to occur.

It is great that they have reliable transport for now, and that OP has a hot new car!

That was my thought too. Very generous move, but if they can’t keep up the vehicles they have, how will they keep this next one? Some pretty serious decisions about budgeting, spending, etc. need to occur.

It is great that they have reliable transport for now, and that OP has a hot new car!
The Jeep is WAY more of a pain to keep up than that Mazda will be. My Jeep was a huge money pit. My Mazdas, not so much.

But yes, I am not a fan of giving things to struggling adults who are at advanced stages in life, typically, unless a clear tragic event is defined (house fire, loss of spouse, etc). They are struggling for a reason.

That Mazda will serve her well. Very kind of you. While you will miss the CX-5, I'm sure you feel great for helping them out.
Well done.

Very kind of you.

NICE replacement and stable overall.

Not to be pedantic, but wouldn't she be your step daughter?

You are absolutely correct that she is in fact my Step Daughter, but my personal feelings is that phrase has such negative connotations, its not worth saying. I should just call her my daughter, but that doesn't feel right, either. She was 16 when I first met her, so that isn't my role.

She is a fantastic person, however.

BC.

Back