Sachs or Monroe

I got the front struts in today, and all four mounts.
The struts are Mexico made.

All the mounts are Taiwan. The front mounts are on a sachs blue box, the rear ones in a white box.
I'm guessing the rears are a redbox manufacturer?
IMG_20210422_182452065.jpg
IMG_20210422_182440765.jpg

Has anyone replaced just one strut that is bad? I know it's always a good idea to replace both. Just wondering if anyone successfully done it without long term issues, greater than 3 yrs?

Got the rear struts in, mexico as well.

The strut body is stamped sachs, to i don't know if its a rebox, unless they get them stamped on the production line for them.

Hoping its not a sensen/fcs with a sachs stamping.

KYB, Monroe or Gabriel. Pick one with the best balance of warranty and price. I find Monroes to ride somewhat soft and get kablooey after a while - you’ll need to use that warranty.

The strut body is stamped sachs, to i don't know if its a rebox, unless they get them stamped on the production line for them.

When my friend got KYB shocks in a sachs box, the struts were stamped with "KYB" right on the housing of the strut. So to answer your question, sachs stamps their part number right on their strut housings.. you should see the part number 030 665 on the housing..

edit: you said sachs is stamped on the housing.. then there you go.. it's a sachs made part.

Yours sounds like a real Sachs :)

Sachs is stamped on the body, and they do make a lot of shocks in Mexico.

I don't think Sensen and FCS make anything in Mexico, only China :p

At least this is letting the rest of us know about how Sachs is operating lately.. that if it says SACHS on it, you know you've got the genuine thing. I'm not defending their manufacturing ideas, just that for those of us that want SACHS again (I have them on my civic, they're really good) we know what to expect.. This was something I was wondering too. :unsure:

Yours sounds like a real Sachs :)

Sachs is stamped on the body, and they do make a lot of shocks in Mexico.

I don't think Sensen and FCS make anything in Mexico, only China :p
Thanks good to know. All the struts are stamped sachs.
The front mounts look good. The rear mounts have sloppy paint and cheap boxes, really looks like a rebox. Rear mounts should be ok though, little weight and no need for bearings.
IMG_20210425_194213534.jpg
IMG_20210425_194352118_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210425_194411411_HDR.jpg

Has anyone replaced just one strut that is bad? I know it's always a good idea to replace both. Just wondering if anyone successfully done it without long term issues, greater than 3 yrs?
Yes, I have done this on many vehicles. No issues.

I went with Monroe OE Spectrums. I'll do the rear shocks and the shop I use will do the front struts. Not being Chinese was a big part of my decision

Mercedes OEM from factory are Sachs and I have replaced them with Sachs or Bilstein's both have been outstanding. Last time I purchased Sachs they were Chinese but had no issues.

I installed Sachs struts and shocks on my Tahoe thinking it would be a good thing because I have seen the brand name on OE before. This thing rides like complete crap and I should have went with Bilstein.

Back