S2000 Track Day oil - 2001MY 28000Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually a good compromise for the rear diff. is the 75/110 Amsoil severe gear which is what I used in my 06 S2k. M1 or Castrol 0W/40 would be a good choice for a track day.

Nice ride...out of all the cars I've owned I miss the S2k the most.

No brainer... I wouldn't use M1 unless you're using their racing versions.

The AP1 S2k revs to around 9k IIRC. I would only use an ester Redline or similar level of oil in as narrow a range as possible like a 10w30.

Originally Posted By: FlyPenFly
No brainer... I wouldn't use M1 unless you're using their racing versions.

The AP1 S2k revs to around 9k IIRC. I would only use an ester Redline or similar level of oil in as narrow a range as possible like a 10w30.

Really, every S2000 came from the factory with 10/30 dino oil. My old R6 reved to 15,500 and did that on dino oil. If his AP1 doesn't use a lot of oil M1 will be just fine. But if his S uses a lot of oil at the track then he should move to a different brand of oil to see if he can find one that will stay in his engine. I know too many that track their S2000 and run 15/40 dino for the extra boundary layer strength that that oil gives on high temp track days.

ROD

15/40 makes sense and depending on how film strength, I would be comfortable using a Dino oil I change after every track day.

Maybe its just my personal experience with modern M1 0w40 being such a mediocre oil.

fwiw, happily used red line 5w30 and race oil 30wt with no issues on the evo on track. unlikely to have a failure on track due to a good qual oil unless something was wrong with the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back