S10 engine mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Anyone on here ever do them? Late model, like 94-03

Im going to check mine, but reading elsewhere makes these sound like a pain.

Apparently lifting the 4.3 by the oil pan is not recommended, any idea why? Lifting heavy MB diesel engines by the stamped metal pan is acceptable.

Anyone know the best mounts for the 4.3 in an S10? Apparently the OE ones arent good.

Does anyone know if Anchor brand mounts are good? Any that are US made?

Thanks!

You could always put a set of Energy Suspension poly mounts in it. Chances are that lifting by the pan with a normal floor jack will dent the bottom and push it into the oil pick up. I've used a piece of plywood on the jack pad to help distribute the weight and never had any problems. You just have to watch the initial contact with the pan and see if it starts to give as you jack it up.

I have used the anchor stuff in the past on a Mopar 2.2/2.5 turbo. It did the job. There is probably better stuff out there.
I have lifted SBCs with the oil pan using a sheet of cut ply wood to distribute the load on the pan and have not had and problems. 4.3 is just smaller.

I frequently lift TDI engines by their cast aluminum oil pans with a chunk of a 2x4 on top of the floor jack. No problems at all.

When you start jacking up the engine, watch the distributor. You don't want to shove it into the firewall.

Sometime it helps to do one side at a time. This can give you a little more clearance to access the bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back