S&W Is Moving To Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its pretty inevitable that all gun manufacturing will eventually move out of the north east. My dad and uncle who are huge classic S&W fans still won't buy one with the 'new' lock on it that went on in the Clinton era.

Is there a state corporate business tax difference between the two?
Manufacturing is staying in Mass, from what I heard on the Howie Carr radio show on AM 680 WRKO

Many companies get sweetheart deals to locate. I remember HP getting a free ride in Taxachusetts for over a decade. They tend to leave when the deal is not remade.

OK what is the “even greater reason” you hinted at? No need to be coy about it.
Well, Number 1, they're getting away from "THEM!" And Number 2, they will still be able to continue building what is making 60% of their income, the beloved BLACK EVIL RIFLE!
HOO AH! 🇺🇸

I'm glad to see that S&W was wise enough to get away from "THAT STATE." ;)
But pistola manufacturing remains. Maybe that will be gone soon, transferred to the new place when ready.
That new facility in Tenn looks like it has a high capacity manufacturing floor behind the office buildings.

Massachusetts still has: G.E., Raytheon, M.I.T., Mass General Hospital, Kraft, Gillette, Analogue Devices, Harvard University, Bose, Dan-Farber Cancer Institute, Liberty Mutual, Thermo-Fisher Scientific, The Children's Hospital, Dunkin Brands, Biogen, etc ...

S&W is small potatoes, but I am sure out in Springfield it's a big deal. S.W. Mass is more like NY or Connecticut than the Boston area.
A whole different culture than the city.

I had lived in northern Mass for a couple decades then "got out" when I got married in 1990. Since I still worked in Mass and commuted across state lines, I still had to pay tax there! - Ken

Last edited:
My only question, is why has it taken pro-2A companies so long to get out of anti-2A states? Why would you have your company in a state that hates you? Take your jobs, loyal employees, and tax basis with you and move to a welcoming state. This also serves to punish those who once received your taxes in your former state...

Magpul did it right. When CO lost its marbles, Magpul said, "bye bye" and pulled a multi-million dollar company out and 100 jobs with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back