Rust inhibitor treatment

There are no treatment places here in n.c. like Krown or Fluid film.
Thanks to @Trav who recommended this product as a diy treatment. Noxudol.

Seemed to go well , I did wear a respirator for part of it, no solvents that I could read on the can, but I didn't want to breath the oily mist.
Thanks to @The Critic for reminding me to wear a respirator.

I installed rear wheel liners so I sprayed that first. It's an oily mess, wear clothes you can throw away. I went with rough country liners as they cover more than the Mopar liners.

If it had a hole I'm the frame, it got sprayed with the cavity wax . I concentrated heavy on the rocker areas and the fender lips and fender wells.
IMG_20210930_125551340.jpg
IMG_20210930_141249378.jpg
IMG_20210930_130142092.jpg
IMG_20210930_135357281.jpg
IMG_20210930_150607445.jpg
IMG_20210930_151503388.jpg

Last edited:
While old motor oil is slightly acidic, and this isn't scientific, I've used a bucket of my old motor oil and rag to wipe down metal to repel moisture. I suppose a sprayer would work too. I've used it on my truck's skid plate with good results and with hand tools, the metal parts like shovels and axes, along with the wood handles to prevent dry rot. Works pretty well IMO. And, it's free.

Nice job. I'll be fluid filming my rides in the next few weeks with fluid film. How man cans did you use?
2 of the body cavity wax and 2 of the coating. It came as a kit with 2 cans of body cavity wax and 4 cans of inhibitor spray.

Not in the rust belt here, but its new and well why not? I will have to drive it some, when we have snow/ice for my on call duties.

Reactions: JC1
I used Corroseal paint on mine, a rust converting latex pant in gallon cans not spray cans. It has held up very well. I touch it up every year or two with Fluid Film in the spray can.

Nice job yours looks good.

Just ordered my stuff today I’ll spray the truck next month some time

There are no treatment places here in n.c. like Krown or Fluid film.
Thanks to @Trav who recommended this product as a diy treatment. Noxudol.

Seemed to go well , I did wear a respirator for part of it, no solvents that I could read on the can, but I didn't want to breath the oily mist.
Thanks to @The Critic for reminding me to wear a respirator.

I installed rear wheel liners so I sprayed that first. It's an oily mess, wear clothes you can throw away. I went with rough country liners as they cover more than the Mopar liners.

If it had a hole I'm the frame, it got sprayed with the cavity wax . I concentrated heavy on the rocker areas and the fender lips and fender wells.
View attachment 72925View attachment 72926View attachment 72927View attachment 72928View attachment 72929View attachment 72930

Looks like you did some really good work!

Like you, I can't find any rust proofing places here in VA, other than places that offer undercoating. I live right on the VA / NC border and travel to Greensboro, NC several times a month as it is only a 35 minute drive. I was in Greensboro a couple weeks ago and stopped at the Battleground Avenue Lowes. While walking down one of the aisles, I was surprised to see they had Fluid Film in an aerosol can on the shelf.

When I got home I did a search of the Lowes stores online and apparently you can find Fluid Film at Lowes as far south as Macon, GA (that's as far south as I checked). Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you need to touch something up in the future.

Spasm3, that first picture in your second post:

Is that surface rust in that curved seam (center right)? Might be something to address now.
no thats the red paint showing through the black coating. The only rust is on the ring of the drive shaft.

Nice! How was the odor? Did you use the 700 spray? Does it dry hard, or is there a soft/creeping layer to it?

IMG_20210930_125743462_HDR.jpg
Nice! How was the odor? Did you use the 700 spray? Does it dry hard, or is there a soft/creeping layer to it?
The 700 spray was what i used the tubing with. I sprayed every hole in the frame. Basically i threaded the tubing which had a 4 hole nozzle on the end. I sprayed as i withdrew the tubing.

I'm going to have to spray some and see, i sprayed all in the frame, so i could not see it. I will experiment with some thats left.
IMG_20210930_150625031.jpg
IMG_20210930_150607445.jpg
IMG_20210930_125708190_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210930_125822304.jpg
IMG_20210930_125743462_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
The 700 takes a while to "dry" it remains soft and when first applied creeps in everywhere.
Thats good to know. I'm very pleased. I sprayed most of the underneath with the 300 , especially the body to frame bolts and behind the wheels. The places i saw my avalanche rust.

The spray went further than i expected. Some areas i did not spray that heavy, as i'm not in the rust belt.

Back