Rust in coolant system... which is the RIGHT way to flush the system? SBC 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked on a 406 SBC a few years ago that had a severely rusted/neglected cooling system. I tried many products (including the citric acid flush several times)-filling the engine with EvapoRust and letting it set a few days ended up cleaning the system better than any other method that I tried.

I would use thermocure..... it works wonders on rust but the bottle is a bit on the small side so depending on your coolant capacity you may need more than one bottles, I would use distilled water with this thermocure with heater on high and speed setting low if you dont want to die of heat. Check it out and see some reviews from amazon it does work.... just be prepared for the smell ...

Originally Posted by TurboTravis
I worked on a 406 SBC a few years ago that had a severely rusted/neglected cooling system. I tried many products (including the citric acid flush several times)-filling the engine with EvapoRust and letting it set a few days ended up cleaning the system better than any other method that I tried.

Thats right, evaporust is now thermocure I believe...

Originally Posted by RateNate
Originally Posted by TurboTravis

Thats right, evaporust is now thermocure I believe...

Thermocure is made by the same company, but they are separate products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back