Russians in the Gulf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ExxonMobil clinches deal with Rosneft

Quote:
The agreement was signed on Tuesday in the presence of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, a Rosneft spokesman said.

Prime Minister Putin said that it would also allow Rosneft to develop fields in the Gulf of Mexico and Texas, according to local media reports.

The Chinese are operating offshore just past our no drill lines.

There are also reportedly Chinese troops on the mexico border doing exercises. Search around, common knowledge.

If ExxonMobil is in Russia (have been there for a very long time) why is "Rosneft in the Gulf" an issue?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

There are also reportedly Chinese troops on the mexico border doing exercises.

I've read that on many forums and have yet to find a reputable source. It wouldn't surprise me, but with the amount of bull manure spreading around the internets, you have to triple check sources and read multiple sources to wade through the bunk. The Chinese troop story originated from 1 source, a supposed American truck driver who says he saw 10,000 Chinese troops in Mexico. The story originated at SteveQuayle.com
lol.gif

The more I read into conspiracies, the more I realize it's total garbage.

http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/11_Global/110315.alert.CH.troops.html

That's the origin of the Chinese troop story that spread like wildfire. Funny, only 1 trucker saw all this and has no pictures (as usual).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CivicFan
If ExxonMobil is in Russia (have been there for a very long time) why is "Rosneft in the Gulf" an issue?

Because the reality of three billion plus people coming online as consumers means that there just isnt enough stuff for everyone. It is the rabbits and foxes problem in human terms.

Unfortunately the approach from a USA-centric term must be to use others' resources then after they are exhausted, isolate and use up our own.

It may mean bad things for others, but it is what it is.

Humans are parasites in some terms as much as any other thing. I fear that it is going to ultimately turn into a save yourself situation in the end... whether it is apocalyptic or not.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan

It's not necessarily an 'issue', just unexpected news.

I think its also bad for us Canuks as Russia is going to be throwing its weight around up in the Arctic in the near future looking for oil and gas. So we are going to need our allies to help them decide that they have to be civil about it. But if our biggest ally has companies that profit from russian beligerence then it might make things tough for us in the arctic.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I think its also bad for us Canuks as Russia is going to be throwing its weight around up in the Arctic in the near future looking for oil and gas. So we are going to need our allies to help them decide that they have to be civil about it. But if our biggest ally has companies that profit from russian beligerence then it might make things tough for us in the arctic.

That can mean only on thing: Oil Wars!
39.gif

But if our biggest ally has companies that profit from russian beligerence then it might make things tough for us in the arctic.

The Arctic is overrated, at least for the next 50-60 years; it will take that much time for the global warming to warm up the area to make risks acceptable.

But if you are concerned, jump on the bandwagon and start making money off of this as well.

In 2001, the Russian National Security Council reported that it anticipates that the Arctic will be Russia's major resource contributor by 2020. Major 'players' in the recovery of an estimated 22% of the world's remaining O&G are Russia, Canada, Denmark & Norway with the U.S. attempting to edge its way into the legal ownership fray. Another pending Cold War involving Russia, the U.S, and NATO nations? We'll see.

If you think there were environmental problems in the Gulf before just wait till the Russians are operating there !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back