Russian energy war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: moribundman
Code:
i THOUGHT the fault was elseWherE TO finD .
LOL.gif

YOU are A funny " ONE " . Easily AMUSED by " YOURself " . THERE'S a METHOD behind THE madness. ENJOY . ;- )

Last edited:
Oh yes, it isn't pretty out there. The line is very obvious. They have already had to move the docks at least once, maybe twice.

Originally Posted By: smokey1
CHINA and RUSSIA do military maneuvers together , wonder what's up with that ? Just to share recipes ? ;- )
They have always been allies'!!!

Originally Posted By: MarkC
You're kidding, right?

No he was not, the Eastern Europe, Communist China, Pakistan, and Russia has always been allies in military.

And as soon as they were able, the Warsaw Pact countries abandoned their Soviet allies and clamored for admittance to NATO. Russia and China skirmished around the Amur River numerous times. The Russians and Chinese trust each other about as much as the US trusts either of them, which is not much at all.
Pakistan has never been closely allied with Russia, in fact quite the opposite.
India, however, is another story.

Ah, no. When you have troops stationed on your territory, you will be allies.
Poland, Hungary, Prague (Czechoslovakia), were never friendly with USSR. East Germany or DDR (or GDR in Russian) was crazier and reder than the Reds.
Yugoslavia had outright hostile relationships with Soviet Union, thanks to General Tito and Khrushchev.

Pakistan supported mujaheddins that Soviets were fighting in Afghanistan. USA backed Pakistan. USSR built factories in India, Pakistan's main enemy. There might have been some arms sales from USSR to Pakistan, but I seriously doubt it. Pakistanis bought arms from China. Chinese were great in coping older Russian designs. Lately Russia has been selling more advanced weapons to the Chinese, but most advanced is still kept for internal use. Russian do not trust outsiders. If something advanced is being sold outside of Russia, it means that the next generation is entering production for the internal use. At least that's how it was with the Soviet Union.
India produces licensed copies of Russian tanks, small arms, AA, trucks, etc. IIRC, there was some cooperation in nuclear technology between the Indians and Russian, for electrical energy production.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
China built Pakistan a bridge.

China and India have a strained relationship, so under the "enemy of my enemy if my friend" rule, China has an interest in Pakistan.

Anyone who doesn't like seeing the market flooded with Chinese good should go to India. I have never seen fewer Chinese good in the market than in India.

Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
Poland, Hungary, Prague (Czechoslovakia), were never friendly with USSR.

"Client States" would be a better description of those countries relationship with the USSR than Allies.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
Poland, Hungary, Prague (Czechoslovakia), were never friendly with USSR.

"Client States" would be a better description of those countries relationship with the USSR than Allies.

Or colonies.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
You're kidding, right?

No he was not, the Eastern Europe, Communist China, Pakistan, and Russia has always been allies in military.
I thankyou!!!

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
You're kidding, right?

I thankyou!!!

For what? Incorrect is incorrect.

Strategic interests, in terms of alliances, can be like commodities on the open market. You position with one may temporarily be in short supply, so you switch to the most convenient one available to get your task done.

Oddly, I find our seemingly important relations with Pakistan as being somewhat indifferent. That is, while we need them and use them ..it has all the appearance of toilet paper.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Oddly, I find our seemingly important relations with Pakistan as being somewhat indifferent. That is, while we need them and use them ..it has all the appearance of toilet paper.

I picked up a copy of "The Main Enemy", by Milton Bearden and James Risen, the brain behind US/Pakistani operations against the Soviets in Afghanistan, and Soviets in general. Very fascinating reading, many current events seem to follow patterns in this book.

Last edited:
That's a part of our history with Pakistan is something you only bring up when the relative that gave it to you shows up for dinner.

...Russia and China skirmished around the Amur River numerous times....

And further south down along the Ussury river, but at a much smaller scale than Amur conflicts.

Heck, except for a death or two (one I recall as a youth over some tree being chopped down), we've been better allies with North Korea than Russia:China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back