Running Techron for first time in high mileage car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

I'm thinking about running techron in my 2001 Hyundai Sonata, which is just below 100,000 miles. Is there any risk to using Techron for the first time at this mileage? I've heard sometimes cleaning certain systems at a higher mileage can cause leaks - although I'm not sure if this would be true with the fuel system.

Also, is it true that you should use Techron for two fillups when using for the first time, and that you should change your oil shortly thereafter?

Thanks!

there should be no concerns with using techron in your car. concerns regarding leaks should not concern fuel systems, only oil. change your oil after? there is no reason to change your oil as a result of techron.... although on a related note: if you currently have clogged fuel injectors that leak down when the car is off, its a good idea to change your oil to get the (fuel) diluted oil out of there.

1. Leaks are not an issue
2. No need to run 2 applications just use recommended amount of fuel with it or less for more cleaning power.
3. Might run a good gasoline like the Shell Premium that has alot of cleaning power to help also.

we run TECHRON with a 93 octane such as SUNOCO or GULF on occasion . May want to run it through a tank of gas before doing / getting an oil change .

Bad rumors that aren't really true! Buy the big bottle and just pour it in. My 01' Durango does well with a good dose of Techron once or twice per 3K is good for the entire system Part of the secret is to allow it to soak through the night.

Durango

best to pour in when tank is nearly empty , force of fuel being pumped in will blend it better .

Last edited:
I've been running 2 bottles of Techron Concentrate in a full tank (18 gallons) on my 99 Buick LeSabre. It's been sitting in the tank now for ~3 days. The car is nice and smooth. Also not knocking as much as it usually does. The Techron-laced fuel will be sitting for probably another week while this tank is used up. Should be plenty of time to let it soak.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
I've been running 2 bottles of Techron Concentrate in a full tank (18 gallons) on my 99 Buick LeSabre. It's been sitting in the tank now for ~3 days. The car is nice and smooth. Also not knocking as much as it usually does. The Techron-laced fuel will be sitting for probably another week while this tank is used up. Should be plenty of time to let it soak.
notice any increase in mileage or acceleration ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back